Used 2009 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Best car, best value
By iluvmyscion

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We drove our Scion to Nor Cal over Christmas. I spent 21hrs behind the wheel at one point, no backache, totally comfortable! Plus fit me, my hubby, my mom, my son, & a week's worth of luggage (plus souvenirs) for four quite easily. Perfect family car for 3-4 peps. Got ~29-30mpg on the freeways!

Deceptively large interior. Amazing turning radius. 5M tranny has amazing power and is soooo fun to drive! Love all the storage space!

Got the upgraded radio, thought it came with upgraded speakers...so disappointed. Pretty radio, lacking in sound.

Great car relative to competition
By Love my xB

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about a month now and I've ran up about 1100 miles on it. Each time I take it out to drive I like it a little bit more and I loved it when I bought it. The xB isn't the fastest, sportiest, or most luxurious car I've owned but it's pretty fun to drive, it handles well, and it has a comfortable ride whether I've been on road trips or just cruising around town. It's a nice balance in pretty much all fronts, which is surprising for a car this cheap. Also, the folks at Scion are a pleasure to deal with. I've also noticed that a lot of people complain about the fuel economy of the xB but I've found that I've gotten between 28 to 33 mph, which isn't that bad.

Balance of performance and comfort, interior roominess, amount of features for price, customizability, the way it feels like you're in a small SUV but not wrecking the environment. Pretty much everything.

Scion compromised too much with the exterior styling. There's something iconic about the first generation xB, the second gen xB is a great car but it doesn't turn heads the way that the original xB does.

Great and Fun to Dive
By James

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research before I purchase this car. It is my run around car, but this is one I will keep for a long time. I have had no problems at all with almost 20000 miles. I average about 26 miles in mixed driving and 33 miles on the highway. I added several things to it from the dealership (Sun Roof, Fog lights, Alloy wheels, Spolier, Bumper name on the back, Rear cargo deck, TRS exhause system, TRS Air Filter.) I have taken it on several long trips with no problems. I will let the seats down and carry things. This car beats The HHR, Mazda 3, and the Element, I test drove them all.

Everything, especially the turning Radius in this vehicle

Please make Bigger Arm rest

Peppy little Box
By Smitty

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 xB used with 5k miles on it. The guy before me had put $5k in features like wheels, spoiler, upgraded stereo and he even put light up door sill strips on it. I am completely satisfied with the features, price and reliability. This is probably the best investment I have ever made aside from buying a house. I recommend this vehicle to everybody even people taller than 6ft. I am 6'1" and 220 lbs and I feel like I am driving a school bus.

The pioneer stereo with download capability and the cargo space.

Make the door arm rests higher and incorporate a telescoping steering wheel.

My New SCION
By Stephen Taylor

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Having put the first 1000 miles on my new SCION xB, I am very impressed with the power, drivability, and comfort. I am a big guy and I have plenty of leg and head room. The car itself seems much larger inside than one would expect. I am averaging 28.9 MPG so far, which I am very happy about as well. Overall, I could not be happier...

Power, drivability, the ride,and fuel mileage...

The console needs to be raised, it is too low...