Used 2008 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A) Consumer Reviews

None for sale nearby. Instead:

Transmission Failure ~ so far GM not doing anything

Jessica Hudson Dostie, 02/26/2015
XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

-25 f, 2 hours away from home, 7 pm at night, two kids in the car, and treacherous road conditions ~ transmission fails! This problem is widespread & it isnt hundred of cars affected, its thousands and probably tens of thousands . So far GM is doing nothing ~ apparently it takes people dying to issue major recalls, and even then it takes many years and investigations by various agencies. UNACCEPTABLE and CRIMINAL ! I will certainly jump on the class action lawsuit wagon, if it exists, or when it does come to fruition. This is certainly the LAST GM product I will EVER buy! Furthermore, I will take to social media so I can to tell my story and make sure others know about these cars!

TRANSMISSION NEEDS TO BE RECALLED!!!!!!!!

jd1979, 12/02/2014
XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Sudden acceleration, hard shifting, not catching gears, slight hesitation when shifting gears is a few. It would usually work fine after pulling over and restarting the car. As time went by the car would not go out of first gear at times. It never lasted long enough to get it a half hour away to GM. I attempted to and by the time I arrived the light went off and it would be fine. Months later we had to have it towed in. AT 84,OOO MILES! two weeks later I received a call telling me what I already knew...that the 35 WAVE PLATE and VALVE CONTROL MODULE in my transmission needed replaced. Same problem EVERYONE IS HAVING w this car. Its a major flaw that needs to be RECALLED!!!!!

Yet another transmission victim!

Tim, 09/12/2015
XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This past May I had my transmission replaced for the second time within three years. Since May I have had to take my car back to that same shop three more times and now my starter just went on me. This car has given me nothing but grief and if I didn't owe more on it than it was worth it would have been traded in by now! I am absolutely done with GM. Unfortunately, I may be done with American cars period at this point.

No Longer GM Customer

lstonge1, 03/26/2013
XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Outlook looks great inside and out, unfortunately mechanicly the vehicle is garbage. I have spent more money in 11 months of ownership on my 08 Outlook than I have in my last three vehicles combined. My next SUV will be a non GM product.

room for improvement

RWood, 02/05/2009
XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

vehicle rides good but needs more power.I have brought it to the dealership 3 times with under 7,000 miles for a transmission problem,and they keep telling me all the codes are good.It feels like the trans is slipping and it over revs during shifts on the highway