Used 2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...33

Pros
Cons

Vehicle Problems and terrible customer support

Ryan , 08/28/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and started experiencing problems with the touch screen technology within the first week of ownership. That was the first of many problems I had over the course of a year including the side view mirrors not tilting, windows randomly rolling down, side steps deploying at random times, squeaks etc. etc., ultimately resulting in a case filed with FCA. That was over a month ago and still no resolution. One of the reasons I was told that things were taking so long was that the Area Manager was on vacation!!! To sum it up- Ram quality is terrible and FCA could care less about their customer.

Disappointed long time Dodge/Ram owner.

Steven, 09/14/2018
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I have had several versions of the Dodge ram 1500 since it was redesigned in 2009. They have all performed very well with high-quality interiors and technology. I was very excited when I bought my 2019 Ram Laramie this past July. Within two weeks of ownership, the phone system stopped functioning properly and the audio quality sounded as though only one speaker was working. I have the Harman Kardon Soundsystem which is wonderful. But in order to get the phone sound quality back to all speakers, you have to turn off the surroundsound manually for each call. That was the fix that Chrysler has so far. The new heavy duty brakes are squeaking like crazy. The incredibly smooth ZF transmission has intermittent clunking when down shifting when coming to a stop. The air conditioning is not as cold as my previous Ram 1500. The final straw which prompted me to write this review, was when the truck stalled at a light yesterday. The truck is so quiet on the inside that I didn’t even know it stalled until all the alarms went off telling me to put the truck into park and restart it. When trying to contact Chrysler Corporation, I get an overseas call center with an agent but most likely has no idea what a truck is. The Chrysler dealership in Palm Springs, CA has been very helpful but they are baffled at the truck’s issues and their arms are tied waiting for Chrysler to get the bugs worked out. If I had known I was going to have all these troubles I would have kept my old truck. I believe Chrysler released this truck too early without properly testing all if it’s systems. I will open an official complaint with Chrysler and will start the Lemon Law procedure If it’s not repaired within the legal amount of time it takes Chrysler to repair it. It takes a long time but the law does work ( used it with a defective Ford product years ago). I will say, the truck is very quiet and very roomy. The interior is incredibly comfortable compared to my previous truck. The ride quality is the best. That said, the technical issues outweigh the comfort. I would recommend not buying one of these trucks until after the bugs are worked out. Maybe a 2021 model.

Official Lemon by law and RAM says too bad!

Brian Tepesch, 07/29/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I had to take my brand new 2019 new style RAM 1500 into the shop 5 times within the first 2 months and 1500 miles due to the check engine light randomly coming on. They replaced many components including the entire engine. I was without the truck for over 30 days, so by law it is a lemon. I just want a replacement as this truck that has had a lot of work done to it is not, and never was, the truck I was sold. Best part, RAM says too bad, and for confidential reasons they will not replace it. Confidential... as in the loyalty of the company doesn't match the loyalty of this 3rd generation RAM owner who has owned numerous RAMs including this 3rd in a row new purchase??? Loyalty only lives on the consumer side these days, and RAM proved it with how they have responded to this situation.

Nice truck but questionable reliability

SY, 03/21/2019
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I really liked the truck, took a test drive and had to have the truck. Lot’s of great technology, 12” infotainment screen, unbelievable comfort and the 4 corner air suspension gives it an extremely smooth ride. I’ve owned the truck just under a month and it has 568 miles. I was headed to work early one morning and the truck lost power. It coasted to a stop and once it stopped wouldn’t move again. Called Chrysler’s roadside assistance and had to wait over 3 hours for the tow truck to arrive. After sitting at the dealership for 3 days, I finally got a call letting me know the transmission failed. The dealer is unsure about when they will receive the transmission but said hopefully it won’t take more than a week or two to get the truck back. Really like the truck but I’m so disappointed about the transmission failure and am concerned I made a mistake with this truck purchase.

Don’t get the etorque!!!

Chris, 10/20/2018
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Check the forums, I should have. The etorque system fails really quickly. Parts are not available on any kind of reasonable time frame. Dealership can only say “it comes from a vendor so we don’t know”. Many people reporting this issue at less than 2k miles. I have no idea when mine will be fixed, and there is no way for the dealership to find out. 🤨. I love the ram but am very unhappy with this one.

12345...33