Used 2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Execeed my expectations.

Missing my Titan
By Jim Simpson

2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

First off I am a Nissan guy. I had 260,000 miles on my 05 Titan. I bought a 2014 RAM 1500 Express Blacked Out Edition Quadcab 4x4, with the 5.7L engine. I test-drove the new Titan and didn't like it. I drove this Ram and decided to give it a try. After owning it for about a month, I can safely say I miss my Titan, a lot! My 2005 Titan had more bells and whistles than my new 2014 Ram 1500. The Ram feels fake and plastic-like. I have the 6-speed transmission. It is constantly shifting between ECO mode and normal mode. I really miss all of the spaces in the doors to store things. I hope it will be a reliable truck, now that I have a 450.00 dollar a month payment.

Engineering Reliability
By Fred

2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Front wheel bearings out at 60,000 miles. No warranty. Bearing design is poor as bearings should go 150,000 miles. Fuel tank sensor showed up as check engine light several times and Dealer in Wasilla, Alaska did not document or correct. Finally went out at 65,000 miles and fuel pump assembly had to be replaced. Any sensor should be replacable without removing fuel tank. Poor engineering. I will not buy another RAM

Electronics Nightmare
By ScottoAZ

2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Purchased Dec 2014, Laramie, Hemi, 5.7 4x4, first trip air flow to engine damper was malfunctioning. Radio/Nav (Best one they offer) has been replaced 2x and still malfunctions. Window control module has been replaced, drive side mirror has been replaced, had to return it for the shop to reinstall the rubber trim correctly. Wipers come on with rain sensor without any moisture on the windscreen or in the atmosphere (4%) cannot find problem. Alarm is set not to chirp, however when I lock it from the door lock and close the door it chirps 3x and unlocks. (nothing wrong they tell me) Truck interior venting makes a sound like a monster is yawning inside when they activate (thats the way it is they told me...HUH) Both rear wheel well flairs had to be reinstalled by a autobody shop, coming off. Door column trim (vinyl) had to be replaced 2x on drivers side. Its in now for fuel sensor not working and engine light on. Front left bearing or 4x4 hub seems to be grinding. Glove box latch sticks.....and the worst is after having all the repairs done I have to bring it back to repair the warranty work due to the sloppy mechanic/techns damaging items (while doing repairs) or getting grease on my leather interior and head liner. I got my truck back for the second radio replacement and went with the service writer to reinstall bluetooth items and the freaking radio wasnt even installed all the way. Mechanics need to loose money when they perform substandard work on clients vechiles. This truck has been in the shop approx 5 weeks since I had it....and I thought my Ford 6.0 Diesel was a nightmare!

UPDATE 1/13/17...radio still does not funtion very well, bluetooth connection on and off depending on the attitude of the truck. Had a very lengthy conversation with DODGE rep at Dodge and explained all my issues. The rep responded approximately a week later with an e-mail suggesting I bring my truck to the dealer for the repair of stated issues......HUH didn't you hear a word I said. THEY CANT SEEM TO FIX THIS TRUCK. DO NOT purchase a Dodge. I understand from talking to outside mechanics that the only Dodge made part is the Hemi engine (which is patented) and most every other component is FIAT. No wonder! Id stay far away form Ram trucks.

UPDATE 7/13/17...all issues previously stated are still a problem. Dodge sent a email review to me and asked how my last service went. Well have to say out of Dodge warranty and on the after market one so now I pay a deductable on their problems. Did not answer as they (Dodge liked) so they contacted the Dodge dealer I bring my truck to and Im sure bent the service managers ear...they called me in a panic.....I told them the truck has been in numerious time for the same problems and you can't seem to fix them...WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY! Now sitting on my desk is another recall notice....daHHHHHHHHH. Vechicles have been around for over 100 years....get it right! I don't need the thing to tie my shoe laces, get me from A to B safely. Dont buy a DODGE!

UPDATE 1/14/18....Still having the same issues, except now the electronics are slowing down...push door lock 5-8 times for it to lock. This morning after staring the truck the heated steering wheel and seat heaters didnt come on. Oh after about 2 miles they did. Radio is just switching stations after turning off truck and restarting. Radio at times just skips a beat meaning it goes out and comes back on after a second or two. Outside temp sensor, Im not sure it knows how to sense temp changes. It takes 5 miles to finally sense the outside temp. Vents still make the monster growling sound while the truck is not running and it is sitting awhile. Dodge mechanics cannot seem to duplicate. Seems my mechanic where I bring it for a oil change knows all about the issue of venting noise. DO YOUR RESEARCH...Do not buy a Dodge....one more thing, this is not to be believed. My truck came with 20 inch chrome (plastic ) wheels and the spare Dodge put on the vechile is a 17 inch wheel. Now if your tire size is different on the spare, not so bad you dont drive too fast to the station, but a different size rim....WHAT are these people thinking. Im looking to get rid of this nightmare real soon.

2014 Ram Express