Used 2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A) Consumer Reviews

Select your model:

More than I expected in a SUV

el415, 01/04/2011
Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

You wonder how they do it, other than you being high off of the ground you hardly notice the weight and size of this car. No it doesn't have Porsche speed, but it's plenty quick for any base luxury SUV. I had a Discovery 2 and a 540i. It really drives a like the 540i, but not as quick, it's very similar to a 528i or an Audi A6 3.0. As to the Disco, the Cayenne is far more nimbler and much more responsive. It's a European sports sedan that's tall, big, and can go off-road (if that's important to you, check out videos on Youtube).

First Impression (1,000 miles)

rincon6, 03/09/2007
Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the '08’s more aggressive look and the thing flies. It now has more than enough power and it’s extremely versatile. On mellow trips I keep the “sport” function off, but hit the “sport” button and the transforms itself into a monster! Its handling is excellent, it has tight steering for an SUV and it is very responsive. I traded in a Range Rover and the difference in performance is night and day. In the Cayenne, I almost forget that I’m in an SUV. Looking down the hood from the driver’s seat it feels like driving a sports car, but visibility is better, and bumps, railroad tracks etc…no problem. At $46,000, the base Tiptronic Cayenne is not only an awesome SUV, but one of the best values out there.

This Car Rocks!

'08 Cayenne, 06/05/2010
Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned a BMW M Roadster, 4 Audi's & 3 Porsches including Audi "S4's as well as Carrera CR4's, and I can tell you I love my Cayenne. Heavy and not so fast, but all Porsche. Stock, the suspension feels as refined as any SUV on the planet and better than most cars including my wife's Audi A4. Built like a rock solid as one too, comfortable, luxurious and a good compromise between speed and economy. We just traveled across country as a family (6,000 miles) and we all still love this car. Can you say that!

10 year owner

Dwats, 12/02/2017
Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a 2008 Porsche Cayenne S for 10 years as of 11/2017. The maintance is expensive that’s the only drew back to owning the awesome vehicle. The vehicle did not required any major repairs until this year. Outside of maintenance cost this vehicle handles the road extremely well and has and awesomely smooth ride even.

Porsche Cayenne!

gte864f, 07/14/2007
Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As a current owner, let me tell you what options you should pass on. Skip the Cargo system and any type of upgraded wheels. You will save a few dollars if the car comes with the Preferred Pkg or Preferred Pkg plus. It’s more if you select all the stuff that comes in these packages a stand-alone. In the USA, the Cayenne will be more than enough power, especially in sports mode. There is a slight delay in the acceleration when you press on the gas but once its in the optimum power band the acceleration is linear. If you don’t need a Nav and all the other options I would opt for the Cayenne S. The difference is very noticeable. Love the car and the Look. Wood Package is a must have!