1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Consumer Review: Hard to replace

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport - Consumer Review

Montana Passenger Minivan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Hard to replace
By sayin_goodbye on

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Montana 4dr Ext Minivan

Purchased in 98. While we did experience the lovely Dex-cool challenge & intake manifold gasket problems, I have loved my van. Faced with the challenge of finding a new vehicle 11+ years later, few seem to match the bells and whistles we got on our Montana, nor the mileage for the size of the vehicle. Unfortunately, the engineers responsible for it are now likely unemployed - we didn't qualify for Cash for Clunkers due to the great mileage. Vehicle aged well, is still sound, durable, and comfortable, but starting to have small maintenance problems, prompting us to get a new vehicle. The perfect vehicle made for my family's use. Got us through the travelling years (soccer,football,camping)

Spacious - everywhere. comfortable for everyone, kids in the back and my 6'6" husband in the front seats. Loved the mileage, power sliding door, self- leveling, rear AC for summer travel with the family, and the air compressor (handy for filling bike tires when your camping)

Would not have used the Dex-cool products. It caused so much trouble and unrest. Thank goodness I have a roadside protection plan.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review