Used 2004 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Am for Sale
Select your model:
12345...25

Pros
Cons

Great car

jamesb1323, 09/13/2005
SE2 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car due to the low price. Price means nothing now, this is a great car and dependable. Fun to drive around town and excellent on the interstate, great starting in the winter (ND winters at time 30 below)

Great car

steven90, 05/20/2013
GT 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 01 grand am se 3.4L and a 04 grand am gt ram air 3.4L 95k miles. the 01 has 185,000 miles and still runs like brand new. never any problems. just replaced normal maintenance stuff like struts, front hub bearings. other then that no prob's whatsoever. brakes lasted just over 3yrs before needed replaced. i tow a trailer also with the 01 sometimes. has original tran's also. both are great cars.

Great Car

webbr, 11/18/2009
SE1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In response to 2004 Grand Am SE1 Written by: GrandAmmer on 03/28/2009, I wanted to comment that the reason there is not a dipstick to check transmission fluid level is because these vehicles have a sealed for life transmission!! I have owned this car for six months now and love it. I got it with 70k miles on it. I have the 3400 v6 4door version. It is stylish inside and out. It is also very peppy for a v6 and sips the gas. I average 25 mpg with mostly city driving. I get closer to 30mpg if I drive all highway. The stereo is also very nice for factory!

Great Reliable Car

ROBERT, 02/28/2010
SE1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car starts for me all the time in the dead of winter especially here in norhtern Il. I love this car, it is the best car I have ever owned. I love the acceleration of this car while on the highway especially going through Chicago's expressways.

The Most Refined FWD Grand Am

Matt, 12/04/2010
SE2 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a 1995 SE2 before this one, and finally decided to buy the '04 since my truck isn't getting the mileage it used to. So far the gas mileage has been great (25+ mpg)and there is enough power in that LA1 V6 to keep me in the fast lane without getting pulled over. I read some reviews about horrible gas mileage, but their favorite features are SPEED?!? Dumb. If you overdrive any car, after a while it will lose mileage. Stick with AC Delco replacement plugs/filters/wires/etc. and change them at regular intervals. This car will keep you going for well over 100K miles. The LA1 3.4-liter V6 is the most refined, American-built 60° since the 2.8-liter was introduced in the '80s. Great engine.

12345...25