Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Am Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Am for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

One great car (3.4 L V-6 GT1)

OPstud326, 05/02/2009
GT1 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

So I have to say this car rocks. I did a little modifying to the engine like put in a better air intake, put on high performance tires, and a different exhaust. The manual says that it started with 17 hp but with all my work it is probably around 225 hp now. I have ot say it is super fast. It is auto but when I drop it into first and work it like a stick I can pull a 5 second 0-60. My top end I actually beat a v8 camaro from 60-120. It is a great ride. The only complaint is in the manifold the gaskets keep breaking. They are cheap and plastic surrounded by metal so they will break in all of your cars promise. But take good care of ur car and I guarantee ur car will return the favor. Good buy

Surprisingly reliable...except...

BWM, 10/26/2009
SE1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2002 Grand Am SE1, with the special tropical teal color. I bought it used from Enterprise at 20k miles. I thought for sure I'd have some problems, since it was a rental.... nope none... It went up to 60k miles before the blower motor resistor went, then at 80k miles the head and upper manifold gaskets went, due to DEXCOOL turning into acid and eating the gaskets and clogging my radiator. Fortunately, the car is easy to work on and I actually replaced the gaskets myself and the car runs great again. Now at 90k miles, nothing else major has broke... Only needed brakes twice, though now the shocks are starting to squeek and the A/C clutch is worn. But everything else is great.

Where's the driving excitement?

lcs, 12/02/2002
GT 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My car was a lemon painted to resemble a lime. It was a problem from day 1 and it never stopped until I dumped it last month. Everything from the trunk latch popping while I was moving to the radio that wouldn't go down to the struts that failed at 5000 miles to the grinding noise that no one could fix etc etc. The list goes on and on. I have finally found the advertised driving excitement in my new Acura and will never again own a GM product!

No wonder everyone is buying foreign.

Paladin96, 04/16/2008
SE1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car brand new, It ran fine until the warranty expired and then the fun began. Wheel bearing, Transmission rebuild, 3 complete sets of brakes in 100,000 miles, intake manifold gasket replace, multifunction switch, and now my abs/trac off light keeps coming on. These are mostly highway miles and we're not rough with the car. I would expect a car company who is trying to compete with the likes of Honda and Toyota to sell a decent vehicle. I have never had a car with so many issues. This is the first GM car I have ever owned and I guarantee, it will be the last.

Good

Mabel, 06/29/2005
SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good, good in snow. Good gas mileage and comfortable on long trips. Lots of trunk space.

12345...19