Used 2009 Pontiac G8 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used G8 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...35

Pros
Cons

Perfect Performance Sedan 170,000 Miles

techman8, 02/17/2015
GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned my G8 GT for 4 years now and it's been everything a car guy could want, it's very fast, reliable, and easy to maintain. It's Corvette derived high performance power-plant with the 6 speed transmission is a match made in heaven! 0-60 in 5.3 sec. I'm more than satisfied with my 16/19 MPG average in the city and 20/24 in the highway while cruising at around 80-90 MPH it feels very stable and well planted. It's awesome around corners with it's 50/50 weight distribution. The interior is quiet and comfortable but definitely sports car like. I have had no mechanical issues even though it currently marks a bit over 170k miles on the odometer. It's a shame GM discontinued this car!!!!

Best dollar per pound USED high proformence vehicle

randallel, 03/11/2015
GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Pound for pound this is the best car for you the price. The V8 is powerful and responsive, tires get great grip, good handling the weight ratio is almost 50/50 which helps the suspension and handling but if you have the option the fe3 suspension on the GXP is better. The fact that you can buy one for under 20K and the car is competitive to hang with last model Camaro's and Mustang's that are twice the price tag is the best reason to buy this car.

Excellent

plumman, 03/16/2014
GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this car 14 months ago and love it. The car comes alive on the highway. The engine and tranny are matched for American highway cruising. Bmw performance at USA prices. The build quality is very good. I get around 19mph overall gas mileage. It uses regular gas. Get one of the plug tuners for tuning the transmission. Stock it shifts to late and makes the car seem sluggish, unless in sport mode. Tuning corrects this issue and transforms the car! Tires are pricey.

Aging like a fine wine

renter2, 12/15/2013
GT 4dr Sedan (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased new 09 of 2008, after 134months of ownership I feel very comfortable with this car. Current mileage is 40300 miles original tires & brakes both still in pretty good condition other than stainless steel brake lines & a K&N air filter no other modifications. I drive it 2 or 3 times a week just to keep everything well lubricated. I have tried to stay on top of required maintenance & try to use only high quality replacement fluids & filters. So far no problems to report. At 77+ yrs old the car is driven carefully, it is comfortable & a pleasure to drive. I plan to keep it until I pass on , have not seen any thing I would want to replace it with. Always garaged & not driven in the rain way to anal I know. but I have a little suv for my daily driver. now have 41850 on the odometer still loving the car.

Why did Pontiac leave us!!!!

Poncho Man, 02/24/2017
4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used in 2015, It is indeed the most fun car I ever drove outside of my 81 Turbo Trans Am. The performance and handling is awesome. I could've got a V8 G8, but the V6 is enough for me. To this day it's quite the head turner and I love the fact folks have trouble believing it's a Pontiac. I get 32 mph to the gallon on the highway, 18 in the city. Compared to other owners I'm doing just great on gas mileage. I have all the options with the exception of the leather interior and V8 engine. I talked my son into buying a GXP version to keep him out of mine....LOL. Plenty of power, but I'm very happy with the V6. No major issues. I've only had to replace a couple of sensors and that's to be expected over period of time with any car. If Pontiac hadn't gotten the axe. I know this car would have evolved into a force to be reckoned with. My G8 will never be sold or traded in. It will be with me until the wheels fall off.

12345...35