Used 1991 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Firebird for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Owning the dream

Craig Robson, 05/26/2006
Formula 2dr Hatchback

I had always dreamed of owning a 3rd Gen Bird.I finally bought the 5.0 V8 last year. It doesn't dissapoint. Although it has cost a fortune to restore the rewards are great. I havent come across a single person who isn't in love with the looks. A classic and timeless design which is admired everywhere it goes. The V8 sounds sweet and had enough torque to pin you to the seat.I went through my first set of rear tires in a little under a month. Talk about seeing money go up in smoke !! I would recommend this car to anyone. Just make sure your wallet can keep up with the car. It makes me smile and scares the hell out of any passenger. Truly Awesome.

Wonderful car! Amazing memories!

Jason B, 02/28/2016
Formula 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this 1991 Pontiac Firebird Formula T-tops. WS6 performance package. 305 tuned port 5 speed. Arctic white with 20,000 miles from a dealer. It had a misprint in the local paper about the price. I stumbled upon it from a bumbling salesman. Long story short, I paid $6,000 for the car with not a scratch on it. It looked and drove like new. I owned the car for 8 years. Those are the most memorable 8 years behind a wheel I have had. I outran many cars on road races over the years. It had a bigger throttle body and injectors installed. That's it. All stock on the rest. Never let me down. Never left me stranded. A beautiful car inside and out. The only parts I replaced were the many 245/50/16 tires from burnouts. And the fact that you cannot rotate them on the rim. They have to be taken off the rim (offset). If I could turn back time, I would buy ten more of them. Long-live the firebird! R.I.P.

An awsome car

Bd, 09/26/2002
Formula 2dr Hatchback

I truly love this car. The ws6 preformance suspension handles better than any other car i have driven, including many little imports. The 5.0 makes plenty of tire squeeling pin u to your seat power. And the whole formula body style to my opinon was the best looking model ever made. I love drivin around cause every one always takes a second look. And it has 157000 miles on it and runs as if it just came out of the factory. What more do u want from a car.

1991 Pontiac Firebird

Matthias, 11/14/2002
2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for a while now, and it still gives me a smile every time I look at it. Not to mention when I drive it. You can't even smack the smile off of my face. It was quite the good purchase on my part. I would recomend this to anyone.

Bought it new december 29, 1990

John hull, 08/22/2015
Formula 2dr Hatchback

Had a formula with performance pkg - 5.0 h.o. 230hp 5spd 4wheel discs on order for 4 months but gm kept rescheduling build due to parts availability (rear disc brakes) I was told .....car was promised to be built first week of December.... Anyone who was there will remember there was a recession during daddy Bush presidency at this time.....just after Thanksgiving GM announced tthat due to inventory the Van Nuys Ca plant would be closed for entire month of december!!! Just before Christmas pissed off Went to dealer for my deposit and guess what that day a black formula showed at dealer with performance axle pkg but had rear aluminum drum brakes 5.7liter tuned port 245hp auto trans but otherwise identical to what I ordered....took it on the spot.....loved this car fast as hell and got 24mpg at a steady cruise controlled 85 mph with air on ......at the time everyone praised chevy ss454 pickups .....bone stock would beat em by 5 or 6 car lengths in the quarter mile ......great looks handling and power all for $$16500...loaded......try touching this performance for under 35k today