Used 2002 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A) Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate
$752 - $1,877

Used Alero for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Hunk Of Scrap! GM are theives to have even marketed this DEATH TRAP!!!

alderozrjunk, 09/14/2013

This is the worst POS on the planet. This was Oldsmobile's last car before they went belly up and I now know why. I bought it used three years old and have had nothing but problem after problem from the front bumper to the rear bumper. Too many problems to name but I will say this. The guy who sold me this POS knew what a Death Trap and it was when he sold it and got his eyes blackened and a broken nose in return after it landed me in the ditch over a mechanical issue that was recalled by GM! I bought it used so there was nothing I could do about it as the "class action lawsuit" in which the lawyers got everything and the owners got nothing was resolved. I WILL NEVER BUY A GM PRODUCT AGAIN!

Bad mistake

rnschooltigger2007, 05/22/2009

When I bought this car in 2001, I loved it, the sun roof, the V6 engine, the cornering...... things soon started to unravel. The car goes through pads and rotors about every 20,000 miles, i have had to replace front pads and rotors at least 6 times already. Some of the major repairs I have had (which I have never had with any other Japanese/Asian car) 1. head gasket seal - $700 (need again) 2. In take manifold - $700 3. Catalytic converter - $663 4. car alarm ignition kill switch sensor $480 5. Power steering pump $220 (which needs to be replaced AGAIN) 6. Direction signal relay switch $480 7. Power window regulator $280 Thank god my dad works for GM & I got a $3200 discount

I Love my Alero

Chrystal, 07/30/2005

I think I'd trade in my better half before I'd trade in this car - she's absolutely wonderful. She handles fluidly and is sooo fun to drive. Plus, I've never felt safer in a car, especially driving in the winter-even driving on ice is worry-free. Nothing feels better than take fast curves in this car. She looks great on the outside, and the inside in extremely comfortable. The crisp sound system is the icing on the cake. I love this car. Everyone should drive an Alero!

Disgraceful

TKincaid, 05/28/2002

I gave this car poor on its rating to get back at Oldsmobile for not fixing my Alero. The Aluminum Wheels make a grinding/humming noise. Oldsmobile has not had enough complaints for a recall so turn off the radio, roll up the windows and listen as you drive at 10 to 15 mph. Olds. does not deny that this is a problem but will not stand behind their product. There are 3 types of wheels and the aluminum ones are making the sound. Let Olds. know or write BBB. This is no way to treat a customer.

Best in class

Kevin2001, 05/30/2002

I went from the Grand Am coupe 99 to the Alero. The Grand Am had a water leak and GM offered me a rebate check to buy another GM. I came hours from buying a Toyota Solara (check in hand) I found alot of water in the trunk and a loud squeak from the cars front and rear springs or struts. NO THANK YOU! I went back to GM and purchased the best in this class. 2001 GLS alero coupe black tan leather I also have the gold package it makes the car stand out along with the 16" crome wheels. I have over a dozen more ops than a Import plus $4,000 saved, plus $50 less a month.whi cares about resale value. I already have my resale money back in my bank.