Used 2009 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

lightly driven.
By Joe P

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car as a spare in the 2009 cash for clunkers. drove it just now and then. I started driving it every day, 2 month ago, 20k miles on it. My thoughts are that my base model came with no arm rests, luckily after market ones are easy to get. Also, the electronic steering wheel causes constant interference on the aftermarket AM radio. The worst thing about this car is the front wheels are so far out in front, that there is no weight on them, trying to accelerate into traffic causes tire spin even on dry roads, almost impossible to pull out into traffic on wet roads. I am still on factory tires so this might get better if better tires are eventually installed.

So Far So Good
By Pat

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Car is now 7 years old w/65k miles. Purchased one year ago from an elderly family member who bought it new. Versa reliability a mixed bag from what I've read. I'm more into Toyota quality but this car came available at a great price. So far no major issues. Had to change out one strut. Still on the original set of brakes. Seems to be easy on tires. Averages about 30 MPG. Drives out pretty good. No speed demon but adequate. My impression is this is a decent economy car that does everything well. Time will tell if it lasts.

Pros: Great visibility, decent MPG, fold down rear seats.

Cons: Electronic steering, jittery on the highway, engine noisy when pushed.

Not for Montana driving
By Shelli Roufley

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven front wheel drive little cars in Mt. for almost 30 years, putting on at least 30,000 miles a year. This is the worst car I have ever driven in snow and ice. Regretting this purchase. :(
Update: I have had this car a year, and it's falling apart.

My 2009 has been great
By rock2014

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new - actually right off the truck - in 2009.

For the first six years I drove 100 miles round trip to work each day, and now have about 172,000 miles.

For the past year I've lived just 1.5 miles from work, so the car is getting fewer miles. It has needed nothing but routine maintenance - because I baby it, we're still on the original brakes.

My wife and two daughters preferred traveling in this instead of our Ford Taurus - more roomy, especially in the back.

Bottom line - especially if you're looking for what Edmunds calls a reliable "appliance" car, I've never had anything better than this.

Best affordable car ever.
By knot2b4got10

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I picked the Nissan Versa because of how comfortable it was, because it was several thousand cheaper than any comparable car (say the honda fit) and because of the insane amount of room on the inside. Even though it feels like a compact car, I feel like I have the space of a small SUV. I'm not sure what people are talking about it being not fun to drive. Anyone that has driven my car has mentioned how great my car handles and it has great pick up. I feel like I zip and zoom in it. I would recommend this car to anyone who does not want to fork over a bunch of money for bells and whistles but wants the most practical and comfortable car for the price.

Seat cushions, amount of space.

Would like to see automatic locks, windows, and ABS in the base model of the car.