Skip to main content

3.5 out of 5 stars
32 reviews
1...

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Wonderful car.

Wonderful car., 07/31/2020
2020 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Nice ride and quiet cabin. Beautiful dashboard and instrument cluster at night. Sound system is stunning and the wind noise in the highway at 80 mph. Is Barely noticeable. I love it!

2020 Sentra, the best yet in its class

D.Winters, 04/27/2020
2020 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I traded a late model honda civic, for the new sentra, i found after two months owning it, that it handles better is much quieter on the highway, has a much more updated saftey package that is standard on all trim levels A step ahead of my Civic.

The Car That Broke the Camel's Back

V, 01/19/2022
2020 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My husband and I figured we would be a Nissan family for life. We don't always have perfect experiences at our local dealership, but they try their best and we always look at the brighter side of things. However, we can't really look past the bad experience we've had with this car. We had the 2017 model and loved it. Our 2020 model, however, has been nothing but trouble since it started and Nissan has done absolutely nothing to solve the issue. Our charging ports broke. Our sensor in our front end had to be replaced. The back sensor screams at us if we so much as park behind a leaf. We started to hear a "clicking noise" when we turned the steering wheel and took the car in for an inspection (this came at the same time as the only recall on the car, so the timing was convenient). They said everything was fine and that they "fixed" the clicking. Not so much. Lastly, the breaks failed and he got into an accident yesterday. Not only did the breaks fail, but so did all of the safety features that are put in place to prevent this very same type of accident. No breaks, so he couldn't slow down. No sensor went off before the accident, and finally, the car did not break automatically on it's own, which it's supposed to do. Thankfully, no one got hurt but this could have been so much worse. When we talked to Nissan about it, their only response was that it was our insurances problem. We're never buying a Nissan again, let alone a Sentra.

3 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars

4 out of 5 stars

Great car better than my 2011 Sentra.

M. Starks, 06/28/2020
2020 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We picked ours up yesterday and put 140 miles on it. Has a lot of nice features for the money. Handles very well, better than I thought it would. The engine pulls along pretty good for 149 horsepower. The seats are comfortable but, you may be limited to fitting in them if you are a little wide do to the side bolsters. Everything is right at your finger tips but, the car can be a little tough in spots to see out of. I would recommend getting one with the around view 360 for parking since you cannot tell where the front end is at. The car is low so you may damage it if you are not careful. The car is quiet and smooth to a point. The only drawback is like with most Nissan vehicles is the road noise from the tires on some highways. You would think they would add more sound deadning material in the floorboards. The trunk is bigger than expected also. The gas mileage is promising since it was already getting 34 miles to a gallon in all around driving. Since the car is not broken in yet I cannot use the cruise control. We will take it on a long trip this weekend to really test it. We are pleased with this Sentra it is a good car with a lot to like especially for the money if you can find one.

My Third Nissan Sentra

Ana, 09/25/2020
updated 03/25/2021
2020 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My first Sentra was 1997 base model. It was always parked outdoors, was very reliable with no breakdowns, and I put over 300K miles on it before the body started rusting away. I gave it to someone who actually fixed the body and his sister drove it for years afterwards before it finally gave out at a little under 450K miles. Unheard of even at that time. I went to Honda (different models) for a while after that and wasn't thrilled with the declining quality of the brand. Decided to go back to Nissan in 2017 and leased a base model Nissan Sentra. The monthly leasing fee was less than my cable (internet, phone, tv) bill, and the car drove smoothly, but it was also lumbering with no pick-up. I looked at other brands before I brought that lease back and was interested in two of them, but when I told the salesman that he came back with such a great offer on a new, base model 2020 Sentra, that I would have been a fool to turn it down. Just a point I want to make. I do not care about all the new tech or bells and whistles in cars today. The Sentra lease I returned only had a little over 11K ml. in 3 years, which should give you an idea how little I now drive. My main concern is reliability and safety. Gas mileage is negligible because I live and work in a small town. The furthest I drive is when going to the dentist which is about 40ml. away, or the capital, which is about 60. Well, a day after picking up my car I had a dentist appointment, and this car drove very well on the highway. Very smooth on the roads with pretty good pick-up. I felt no drag as I did with the 2017 model. The TCS (tractor control system) gave me warnings when I drove over unstable surfaces, and the blind side alert lit up briefly when I was considering a pass into another lane and there was a car there. I find the rear-view camera very helpful for getting out of my single car garage. So far so good, and it meets my present needs. The design of the car is a little more streamlined and as a result more aerodynamic and not clunky like it was before. It has more things in it than I'll probably ever use. If there is one thing I have an issue with it is while using my phone for driving directions. In order for it to go through the radio speakers I have to switch to Bluetooth from the buttons on the steering wheel, which means in-between directions I can no longer listen to the radio as I did with my last Sentra. Maybe I just haven't figured it out yet, but even if it doesn't work the same way, I consider that a minor annoyance. All in all, while I'm not ecstatic, I am satisfied with this lease.

1...