Used 2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Run from the Lemons
By Jose Acevedo

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have been in contact with them after complaining to the BBB and they still have done nothing for me. They sell Lemons and do not stand by there product. My car I bought brand new and is a 2015 Nissan Sentra and has been in the shop at least 6 times for the same issue yet they keep fixing other things when I know its the Transmission. They have fixed the throttle body, Mass Air Flow Sensor, and oxygen sensor and yet I still have the same issue. Car refuses to go above 35mph and then stalls and shuts off. This happened while my wife and I as well as my 2 young children were on the highway, I tried to get to the shoulder and it shut off locking the steering wheel, a semi missed us by maybe a foot and thank God for us swerved and missed us. This car will kill one of us and Nissan doesn't care. They said just keeping taking the car in for repairs, but no worries they will honor the warranty and keep fixing everything but the Transmission. People for the love of God do not risk your families lives STAY AWAY FROM NISSAN CARS.

Bought 2 , brand new
By Pat J

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Take a long careful test drive first. Made in Mexico. One sentra made a loud clicking noise in the front end when brakes applied. Dealer unable to fix. Traded it in after 2 years. Was worried. The other Sentra made a loud creaking noise upon acceleration, and deceleration. Traded it in after 2 years. I used to have awesome experience with Sentras purchased in the 80s and 90s. But, those were made in Japan. Very disappointing. Bought both at the same time. Brand new.

Average car
By Ken Campbell

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The back seats do not fold down flat with the trunk; My 2010 did.

CVT failure guaranteed
By Chris B.

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My daughter purchased a new 2015 Sentra for cash. She does drive a lot due to her job and has put just over 80,000 miles on the car in nearly 3 years. The CVT burned up completely and the car is immobile. There is no additional warranty on drive train or engine beyond 3 years and 36,000 miles. Upon reading up on CVT issues for Nissan, it is obvious this transmission is notorious. Many, many drivers have had the same experience as my daughter. The transmission is not repairable due to the technology used in the CVT. A replacement transmission is around $3000, if you are lucky. It is simply cheaper for us to get rid of the car to buy a replacement vehicle. Before purchasing this car, research Nissan CVT issues.

2 transmission failures
By Tim Prescott

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The car itself is ok but the transmission is total junk. Go to carcomplaints.com and read the horror stories like mine. Did recommended fluid change at required time 59,000 miles. Transmission failed at 70,000. Replaced under extended warranty. Now replacement transmission now is failing at only 49,000 miles. [non-permissible content removed] Have a friend wit a 2007 civic with 265,000 miles plus and still rides smooth. Run away from nissan as fast as you can. Shoulda done my homework. Now pursuing lemon law solutions or lawsuit