Used 2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Get a Toyota
By Emah

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

So here we go: our 2015 Sentra came out pretty bad. I think it was a car we intended to be as good as the 2008 one we purchased, but were quickly proven wrong. Our little lemon car (which would have qualified) has needed every line repaired or changed! We acknowledge we made a bad decision in buying it and now we have to live with it. It is very worthy of its 1.5 stars on car ratings, and we can't wait to pay it off and have it destroyed!

But I do not agree with how we were treated at the Nissan dealership. I had to inform them to check the lines- because that seems to be the reoccurring issue. Yes, we called it before they did. We were told it happens when you drive it too much; A Ford only lasts 4 yrs and a Sentra shouldn't be driven at all! Good thing we were properly educated in that.

So, we left our car FOR TWO WHOLE DAYS, not offered a courtesy car, BUT they did tell us they'd send a shuttle- they did not! We were NOT even called when it was ready, I did the courtesy of calling them. But they did manage to harass us in trying to trade in my crap car for a second crap car for only couple thousand more. Probably a total of 3000k in repairs.

Ps my air conditioner is still not cold enough. So on my Florida tomb stone i've decided to be sure to thank the Nissan for killing me with heat exhaustion.

Decent, would never lease again though
By Victoria

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Honestly terrible in the winter, especially living in Buffalo. Traction was poor, tires it came with were bald after 1 year with just basic driving, it doesn't accelerate well at all, both key fobs died after 2 years and the dealership wanted me to pay to have the battery replaced.... even while i was still under warranty. only great thing i can say is very gas efficient.

Run from the Lemons
By Jose Acevedo

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have been in contact with them after complaining to the BBB and they still have done nothing for me. They sell Lemons and do not stand by there product. My car I bought brand new and is a 2015 Nissan Sentra and has been in the shop at least 6 times for the same issue yet they keep fixing other things when I know its the Transmission. They have fixed the throttle body, Mass Air Flow Sensor, and oxygen sensor and yet I still have the same issue. Car refuses to go above 35mph and then stalls and shuts off. This happened while my wife and I as well as my 2 young children were on the highway, I tried to get to the shoulder and it shut off locking the steering wheel, a semi missed us by maybe a foot and thank God for us swerved and missed us. This car will kill one of us and Nissan doesn't care. They said just keeping taking the car in for repairs, but no worries they will honor the warranty and keep fixing everything but the Transmission. People for the love of God do not risk your families lives STAY AWAY FROM NISSAN CARS.

Bought 2 , brand new
By Pat J

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Take a long careful test drive first. Made in Mexico. One sentra made a loud clicking noise in the front end when brakes applied. Dealer unable to fix. Traded it in after 2 years. Was worried. The other Sentra made a loud creaking noise upon acceleration, and deceleration. Traded it in after 2 years. I used to have awesome experience with Sentras purchased in the 80s and 90s. But, those were made in Japan. Very disappointing. Bought both at the same time. Brand new.

Average car
By Ken Campbell

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The back seats do not fold down flat with the trunk; My 2010 did.