Used 2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

2015 Nissan Sentra transmission issues
By Patty

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle brand new off the lot in 2015, 3 years later and 76k miles later I was having issues with the transmission. I took my vehicle to the shop and sure enough I needed a transmission reconstruction. I am not alone, my brother also bought a brand new 2016 Nissan Altima, same issue with his car only at 63k miles just over the manufactures warranty of 60k. I purchased a new vehicle to avoid the maintenance issues that I would have with a used vehicle never would I have imagined that I would be incurring a cost for transmission reconstruction under 100k miles. Nissan was known for durability and maintenance free vehicles. My parents had owned Nissans in the past both over 250k miles and never did they replace the transmission. I do believe this is an issue with the newer models. This was my first brand new car and never again will I ever buy a Nissan ever again.

Biggest Mistake Ever
By lionel k

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Do not be fooled by the somewhat snappy looks, the comfort of the ride nor the interior. All of this won't make you forget that even 50 years old cars drive faster than you do. I lack of words to describe the driving sensation... the acceleration feels so slow that you wonder what's wrong with the engine, the car holds the road so bad it feels like you're driving a monster truck (but you'll remember that you're driving a pathetic sedan tho), the brakes make you feel like you're driving a special duty truck. And you won't be rewarded at the pump either: you'll get miserable 25mpg, if you're lucky that is. I'm mostly driving on the freeway with light traffic chances you'll get a whole lot worse than that. Just so you understand how terrible that it, the Camaro I bought after that to try to forget this terrible experience has better mpg than this car! Excuse me to insist, but my muscle car with more than 3 times more horsepower has a better mpg than this car! When I drove the Toyota Yaris 2008 after this experience it was such a blast! This car is so bad that a car almost 10 years older, the cheapest to add insult to the injury, has better acceleration brakes and mpg! Also this car is almost undestructible, so be prepared to have to drive this horror for a very long time, or until you call your losses and sell it. 8 months. I kept this car 8 months.

Cvt transmission ad
By Mark Drottz

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Our transmission went out 60k. Cost was $4200 on a 3 year old car. Dealer was no help to try to get Nissan to help us out. I bought a new car to avoid high repair bills. After a few months the tranny was making the same noise. We trade that car and lost a lot of money because 3 dealers did not want it. Bought a Hyndai Ionic.

Love this car!
By Sandy

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have been leasing this car since Feb 2016. I have loved it since the first time I laid eyes on it. It's fun to drive, dependable, reliable, with tons of room everywhere. I hope to be upgrading to a 2019 soon!

Get a Toyota
By Emah

2015 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

So here we go: our 2015 Sentra came out pretty bad. I think it was a car we intended to be as good as the 2008 one we purchased, but were quickly proven wrong. Our little lemon car (which would have qualified) has needed every line repaired or changed! We acknowledge we made a bad decision in buying it and now we have to live with it. It is very worthy of its 1.5 stars on car ratings, and we can't wait to pay it off and have it destroyed!

But I do not agree with how we were treated at the Nissan dealership. I had to inform them to check the lines- because that seems to be the reoccurring issue. Yes, we called it before they did. We were told it happens when you drive it too much; A Ford only lasts 4 yrs and a Sentra shouldn't be driven at all! Good thing we were properly educated in that.

So, we left our car FOR TWO WHOLE DAYS, not offered a courtesy car, BUT they did tell us they'd send a shuttle- they did not! We were NOT even called when it was ready, I did the courtesy of calling them. But they did manage to harass us in trying to trade in my crap car for a second crap car for only couple thousand more. Probably a total of 3000k in repairs.

Ps my air conditioner is still not cold enough. So on my Florida tomb stone i've decided to be sure to thank the Nissan for killing me with heat exhaustion.