Used 2005 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

Used Sentra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...28

Pros
Cons

Frustrated!

bigisland808, 08/17/2011

Bought this car from the orignal owner with low mileage 30K, seemed like a realiable car. The car well kept, inside and out. Too top it off we did our homework, called the dealership... the lady bought in her car faithfully for service since she bought the car. Only thing was there was a nail in the tire which they fixed 2 months ago. Had the car for 3 weeks with no problem then all of a sudden one morning the car had a hard time starting up. Bought into the dealership the very next day and they said that I had a blown headgasket. Nissisan claims it was a defect and costs $1800 to be fixed! AGGHH!

Love this Car

todd lovell, 10/09/2015
SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my SE-R new in 2004 it now has 240k miles on it and is still fast and super fun to drive. I have done nothing but routine maintenance with my biggest repair being tie rod ends. I did a lot of highway driving but 240k with ice cold ac and everything works fine is very impressive. Im looking to put 300k on this car. My last nissan uad 279k

2005 Sentra Special Edition 1.8L Auto

NewEnglandDevil, 06/15/2009

An excellent vehicle to own and drive, has made my commute (~66 miles/day, + trips to client sites = 100+ miles occasionally) affordable. Blew a head gasket while still under warranty (~48K), needed a chip download to eliminate rough shifting. I've avoided replacing two expensive lights - fog light broke from being packed with snow and 3rd brake light went out. Other than that, no problems and I've had no expensive repairs. Has performed great in NE winter; even managed to get up a ~10% unplowed incline to our winter rental in NH. Previously owned a Nissan Truck (350K) so I'm not expecting any problems with the engine or tranny and I'm at 123K now.

Ad
Build Your Sentra
Select Color:

Reliable

Xy San, 08/24/2015
1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car from my mom in 2013 with 120,000 miles. She purchased this brand new in 2005. it now has 180,000 miles on it. I drive so far to and from work everyday. Still running great and only had to do maintenance. Didnt have to replace anything prematurely.

Can't wait to get rid of this nightmare!

doppelv, 09/03/2014

I purchased my 2005 Sentra SE back in 2008, and the best decision I made was to get an extended warranty. Things break on this car that just shouldn't for the age and miles. My head gasket went out at 38K, my motor mounts all went out at 82K. I've had sensors randomly fail, causing the car to stall on the highway. Overall, I'm at the point where I'm just expecting it to break again at any time. If I could afford a new car, this thing would be gone in a heartbeat. It's a money pit, pure and simple, and the nightmare doesn't appear to be ending any time soon.

12345...28