Used 2005 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Shari is a treasure.
By Sandra Carlson

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Treat her right.

Good econobox on a budget.
By Midwest Driver

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had mine 8 years. Good car, always starts. 108,000 miles, so far normal brakes, tires, belts, hoses, maintenance, one alternator, some emission repairs, receiver for remote entry, trunk latch. Not much really for the miles and usage. Good gas mileage and good acceleration.

Still good. No oil leaks, no fluid leaks, very reliable. With snow tires it goes through several inches of snow very well.

Love this Car
By todd lovell

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my SE-R new in 2004 it now has 240k miles on it and is still fast and super fun to drive. I have done nothing but routine maintenance with my biggest repair being tie rod ends. I did a lot of highway driving but 240k with ice cold ac and everything works fine is very impressive. Im looking to put 300k on this car. My last nissan uad 279k

Reliable
By Xy San

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car from my mom in 2013 with 120,000 miles. She purchased this brand new in 2005. it now has 180,000 miles on it. I drive so far to and from work everyday. Still running great and only had to do maintenance. Didnt have to replace anything prematurely.

Did not age well
By Matt Russell

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My car has 70,000 miles on it. Between 50,000 and 70,000 I have had to replace the catalytic converter, the timing chain, the entire exhaust system, and a whole slew of sensors. The car has become a money pit. I enjoyed the car for the first 50,000 miles, but it has become an unreliable nightmare.

The interior is small but cozy. I'm only 5'7", and I would put that as the limit of what is a comfortable height for a driver or passenger in this car. When it runs, the car is definitely quick and a joy to drive in fast moving traffic. With snow tires, the car is great in the snow. With all seasons, you won't be going anywhere.

More resilient exhaust system, better sensors, better overall quality. This car is really frustrating me and making my life more difficult than it needs to be. After forking out for this next repair, it will be beyond time to get rid of it. It has become a very expensive car to own.