Used 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R Consumer Reviews

SE-R 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (9 reviews )

TOOK ME TOTALLY BY SURPRISE
By Gordon

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

I was just looking for a reliable work car when I tried the SE-R which had been taken in P/A at a dealership. I had just tried a Toyota Corolla GT as my wife had one and it seemed like a good idea to have two identical cars for parts etc. This one was very worn and everything seemed - loose. I was then offered the SE-R and what a revelation! Fast, very accelerative, cornered like a champ (only driven a Lotus that cornered better), the seating was comfortable and supportive. I returned to the dealer and bought it. Over time I had to have the fifth gear replaced and did the clutch at the same time while the g/box was out. Tyres wore as was expected, but not at a frantic pace. Gas consumption was good. 'Loved that 2 litre motor and the gear change. My SE-R was black and would take a great polish. It was very satisfying to wash and polish and it looked great when done. 'DIdn't have to do it often either.The only things that annoyed me were the location of the cup holders and the head lining, as it gradually came unstuck, hanging down in loops. At a upholstery shop I was given a price of $550 to fix it - $50 for new lining and $500 for labor. The top tank of the radiator finally sprang a leak and I bought a new rad for it, but was unable to fit it for a while as I was away from home. When I returned, I found that I had been supplied with a rad for the regular 1.6 litre engine - not for the SE-R and I had gone past guarantee period (still got the rad!). Somebody stopped by and offered me a good price and I regret to say that in a fit of stupidity, I sold it - something I have regretted ever since. I have been looking for a replacement for some time now, but with no luck to date

SE-R
By Freddie

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

Bought the can new in 1992. It was the cat's meow in it's day. It still have the car with only 98K miles on it. I spent a lot of time over seas. The only problems I have had were with the brakes that seem to have a course sound when applied. The seal around the tail lights leak and I can't seem to fix it. There is also a leak around the sun roof and wind shield or fire wall. Can't seem to find the source of any of the leaks. I can't let go of it though. Love?

I like the sound and power of the SR20DE engine.

Prevent the car from leaking around seals. Paint went to crap quickly and the car is rust prone.

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R
By Kunkun

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

This car is fun to drive. Light weight, sharp handling, high revving. This car is the perfect sleeper. Revving the motor to 7,500 revs sounds and feels good. The SR20DE motor doesn't dissapoint. You get great gas mileage on it, too.

The motor, seats, lightweight chassis.

A turbocharger. The motor can withstand 300+ WHP on stock internals. The SR20DE is a strong motor.

the SERious sentra!
By Tavel

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

This car is an amazing little machine.
I bought mine used with 184,000 miles
on it...and it runs like brand new!
The SR20 is an incredibly durable
engine. It handles very well(good for
crowded parking lots) and can blow the
doors off almost anything stock(good
for merging on the highway). Its a
sleeper, so its invisible to cops, and
its got nissan quality. with 184,000
miles on it i've had the following
mechanical failures.

as you can see, its a very tough car.

Its hard to keep the wheels stuck to
the street in acceleration(love that
engine) and it shifts smooth as
butter. and the rev-limiter is great,
kept me from blowing my engine once.

Sleeper desighn; SR20DE; Super smooth tranny; cozy interior; little digital clock under the Tach; stereo right next to steering wheel for easy reach...large enthusiast group.

SR20VE instead of SR20DE

sentra se-r
By Michael Hall

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 2dr Coupe

awsome car fun to drive rewarding to the
inexperienced driver good gas mileage
good build quality.