Used 1998 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Quest for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Nissan Fan.......But the Quest??

galleontrade44, 10/23/2002
XE 3dr Minivan

I have been a Nissan fan for quite some time now. I started driving a 89 Sentra, upgraded to a 96 Maxima, both cars exceeded my expectations. I have a 98 Quest XE I like the driver's sitting position, you can see almost everything in front of you. It has a powerful A/C, and the gas mileage is good. But after 2 years the powerlocks started giving me problems.I also had problems with the a/c controls it had to be replaced. oil pressure switch needs to be replaced and also the engine mounting was cracked four of them. I was not surprised to found out why this is happening, some parts of the van was made by Ford.

1998 Nissan Quest XE A Good Family Car!

CJM, 06/24/2002
XE 3dr Minivan

The Nissan Quest has been a very dependable, practical family vehicle. It drives very well with varied weather and road conditions! Easy movement of the back seat to expand the rear cargo space. Comfort and family durability ranks high for the interior. Drink cups in the middle seat were non existent which was an inconvenience to passengers seated in the middle! Easy maintenance and no major problems through the first 4 years.

Served me Well

saabsrule, 12/13/2012
XE 3dr Minivan

I bought this van kind of for fun because my old car died on me before senior year of high school. This van was wonderful. Perfect for filling with friends or camping gear, and the car was reliable as the sunrise. I also loved the gas mileage. I drive agressively, and averaged about 21-22 mpg. Thats not bad. The engine however was very underpowered. Only 151 hp and the car was very heavy. It has a very functional interior and the third row seats can slide to any position in the car which is conveneient. The van did develop a cylinder misfire before I sold it. This is the only knock I have about it. Also, it doesn't have traction control or abs. Overall it drove like a car and did its job.

Starting trouble & more

guscan, 05/17/2010
XE 3dr Minivan

Just passed 200,000 km but the troubles started before this. Had the timing belt replaced as per schedule, brakes redone, transmission would hang up & not shift, overhaul trans tie rod ends replaced, one fell apart on the street. Ball joints both replaced & the rh one again. Now the real trouble began. It has developed a no start problem. Battery is good, replaced starter. System is absolutely dead when it won't start always after being driven for a time. Let it sit for an hour or so & it starts again. Will be good for a few days even weeks & then it does it again. We have been stranded so many times it is getting annoying to say the least. And no shop can tell us what's wrong.

my luxury vehicle

oceans_ofdreams, 09/15/2002
XE 3dr Minivan

i have owned several mini vans in the past...and have found that mine nissan quest is by far the best for my needs...i have 6 grandchild...only 4 when i bought it...and the 7 passenger seating is what drew me to the quest...but after purchase...i realized it had everything i needed in a mini van...style, dependabilty, great in all weather, even snow...it seated everyone very comfortably...great gas mileage...we have taken it on several trips...and have always had the room and comfort of the luxury vehicles... i am very pleased that i purchased it...and i hope to be trading it for a newer model soon...thank you...for making such a great vehicle...