Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

DO NOT BUY A Nissian
By McKnight

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

DO NOT BUY A NISSIAN. I have had my pathfinder since February of 2009. I bought this car used by a year. I have never had a big problem with it until a few months ago. The problem I was having was is an ongoing problem with Nissan that they don't want their consumers knowing about. I just found out I was not the only person that had this problem with my vehicle. The radiator will crack and leak into the transmission fluid which in turn will shut the car down and it won't start. This is a $5000 repair. I will attached a link so that you can read it for yourself. Nissan know about this problem and refuse to do anything about it. [htnml removed]

Very Solid Vehicle could use a few Tweaks
By Glenn

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Handling is good for the Highway but it is far more at home on back-roads, country roads or Some off road adventuring! Brakes are very good but there are vehicles this large and larger that do stop faster and smoother. Highway handling is good while towing anything and the 4.0 L V6 Engine has the power and torque to do the job for most anything up to about 5800 lbs. The gas mileage suffers 13.9 to 16.8 combined mpg when using regular (87 octane) or plus (89 octane) gas, this vehicle performs much better 17.3 to 19.8 MPG with Super (91 to 93 octane) or Ultra (94 octane). Handling overall is very good and body roll is minimized by active safety features. I thoroughly enjoy this vehicle But I wish the Back suspension was a bit better. The interior is roomy and comfortable for all in the first two rows of seating and the third row is best for kids or smaller adults (5'6" or below). The main console seems a bit overwhelming at first with all the buttons but if you take the time to learn the locations, everything seems pretty well laid out and is well within reach of the driver.

Great, reliable Mid-Size SUV
By Larry Brew

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car new in 2008. It just keeps running and running. now with 120k miles on it and only 1 small problem. Very reliable. The only performance issue I have had with it is towing my pop up trailer in the mountains or up hills not enough power. The driver seat cushion did wear out around year 7 and I had to get it replaced. Great value for the money. Now looking at the Armada

Never buy Nissan!!!
By Douglas DelPorto

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

All these Nissan SUV's had a major problem with the transmission cooler inside the radiator leaking and result being destruction of the transmission. Class action lawsuit resulted and Nissan "slithered out" of responsibility with clever lawyers. Result was only a fraction had a small portion of the actual cost covered. Very few of the thousands of affected Nissan's got a small percentage of the cost covered. The real sad issue is that Nissan did everything possible to NOT stand behind their products. It is an unhappy tale that so many thousands of Nissan owners were abandoned when this problem happened. Even the dealers are ashamed of Nissan.

Radiator / Trans Problem
By joeferr1

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the Engine Power of SUV no Question ask. But when I read all the BAD REVIEW on this SUV, I feel very BAD. The RADIATOR problem for this vehicle the way they made it design flow. What I did to my TRANS hose that connect to the bottom of the radiator, I Disconnected & Bi-pass the hose & connect to trans Cooler. I thick the Nissan installed the VERY BAD R A D I A T O R...