Used 2014 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Overall good vehicle👍😀
By Wilberto

2014 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have the SV sport package version of the Maxima. The car requires to use only 93 octane or premium gasoline. I personally recommend Bp gasoline with invigorate. In total vehicle maintenance going to the dealer is pricey. I had to get a new battery. It did not last 5 years. Its only lasted just under 4. That's the only disappointing thing so far. I had my Maxima for 4 years. I'll give it an 8 out of 10.

To the max
By Drew

2014 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was hoping to get the sports and technology package. I get the Maxima SV with the tech package. But to my surprise, so far I'm not disappointed at all. Even though the car is about 4 years old, it runs like new. I'm happy overall with the car.

Getting the Maximum from my Maxima
By D. Kelly

2014 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is great vehicle for singles or couples. Not so much for folks who carry backseat passengers regularly. Its definitely sporty looking and powerful but a traditional trans would have been a great option. Cant complain about the CVT though. Its been smooth and trouble free for the two years + that I've owned the car. I loved the idea of having the panoramic sunroof but living with it has proved to be less than a love affair. After about of year it began to rattle. After several trips to the dealer, their solution was to replace the entire roof - under warranty, of course. Unfortunately the problem has returned and can be nerve wrecking on bumpier roads. Thankfully the Bose sound system is clear and strong enough to drown it out the rattle. As time has passed, the gas mileage has improved. Even under a lead-footed driver like myself, I can squeeze out 25 mpg under mixed driving. Just be prepared to pay at the pump. We all know that premium isn't always cheap! But all in all, as a repeat Maxima owner (this being #4), this one is the best I've owned yet. Love it and it still looks as fresh as anything else on the road.

Great ride
By donald sperling

2014 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Dependable efficent and peppy

Great car overall
By John

2014 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my car a year. Averages about 29mpg on hwy. 24 in town. Great handling and acceleration. Back seat cramped. Not thrill with ease of navigation. Wish phone had better interaction. Like the sunroof and rear shade.