Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Please don't buy this car.
By Don't Do It!

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned this vehicle for 2 yrs now.....suddenly every other month there is a new problem. 1st the steering wheel column lock was recalled which made perfect sense as to why my steering wheel locked on me momentarily while I was driving then the driver side window needed a new motor, then one month later, the front end struts needed replacement....at this point I'm not willing to throw good money after bad to continue with this circus or repairs for the clown car. I've never had a car with this many major issues.

great car not a lot of high performace shocks
By jon coney

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

car's a joy to drive, wish there were more performance suspension parts available.

Should have been part of class action lawsuit
By Leslie

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car a year ago used. Had one previous owner and appeared to very well kept. It started make a awful clanking noise thought it was loose ground effects and the wind catching but to my surprise I found myself stuck on the side of the road. The car won't do anything after googling timing chain problem noise that seems to be the noise I was hearing and at the low cost of 1700.00 I can fix my car that I have for only one year. I have lost all faith in Nissan and will never purchase or recommend anyone purchase one. Anyone else have this problem? I did find several things when I did a google search that states years 2004-2008 timing chain class action lawsuit thinking they still didn't get it right in 2009.

Stay away
By Jason star

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wouldn't spend my $$ with nissan ever again...sick and tired of putting it in the shop

2009 Nissan Maxima (this was never a $40,000 car)
By Joy

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle when it was about 2 years old. I have had it now for 5 years. So many problems -- steering wheel motor for the telescoping stopped working and of course dealerships want to charge me $1,000. Nissan Manufactures declined to fix it although the extended warranty had just expired -- interesting and I see this problem all over the internet where steering wheel mechanisms goes bad on a Maxima. This is not an old car. Nissan will not fix the problems. Recently alternator went out on while I was in traffic on the 110 fwy in Los Angeles. Each time I take the car to the dealer its something new. Lower ARMs $1,288.88, Front struts $1.061.52, Rear Shocks $843.99 and Air filter $27.20. I took my car to Firestone to get the AC leak repaired -- dealer wanted to rob me. This is not a $40,000 car. I would say lease it but never buy it or stay far away from Nissan altogether. I have had too many problems for a vehicle I purchased Certified. I thought Certified was an extra protection -- it was not in my case. My Toyota is 1999 and I have not had this many problems. I purchased my car at Nissan Auto Nation Power on Rosecrans near 405 fwy. The car had originally purchased at South Bay Nissan. I place the blame on the manufacture as well as the dealerships. Maybe my post will stop someone from buying a Nissan and especially a Maxima.