Used 2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Big Red
By John Marion

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab S 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Although this is the base model, this truck is great for the family, the gentleman farmer, and the construction worker.

Great Mid-Sized Truck
By AJS

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Expect to pay more for this vehicle, new or used. But for the money you get an excellent truck both in handling and in re-sale value. Bought a 2007 Frontier and just traded up to a 2013.

Great Truck
By Brian

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab S 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new in Oct. 2013 and have not put a dime into it other then tires and oil changes. Great power and very reliable. The only downside is the interior is cheap plastic and the glove box handle broke because of the very cheap plastic material and Nissan wants 300 to fix it other than that great truck.

Desert Runner owner four years
By Justin Gillespie

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Desert Runner 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After my 2012 Tacoma SV was totaled in 2013, I bought a new 2013 Frontier Desert Runner in Knight Armour color. My 2012 protected me well in the crash when I was rear ended and pushed into cars in front of me. Nissan Frontiers in their current configuration are a dated platform. Their last major redesign was in 2004. However, Nissan has worked out the bugs and they are very reliable. I never had a single issue with mine. I drove it hard at work, averaginging about 15,000 miles per year mixed driving. The truck was fairly comfortable. Visibility was good - the back seat headrests do block some to the rear. It did not have a backup camera. Interior noise was slightly on the loud side with wind, tire hum (I had all terrain tires), and nice exhaust tone being prevelant. It is an old school truck so I didn't expect car like comfort. My complaints are that it had a very wide turning radius. Tight parking lots were a chore. The brake feel was squashy even when new. Fuel economy was poor. I averaged 18.8 mpg, partly because of the all terrain tires. My friend got a new F150 and was kicking my butt on fuel economy. The Frontier had good power and acceleration however. I towed a light trailer with it some and it pulled great. I traded the Frontier recently for a 2017 Tacoma. I would have considered another Nissan, but there is almost no difference between the 2017 Frontiers as the 2012 I had. The Tacoma has updated features and better fuel economy. Overall I would recommend Nissan Frontier for anyone needing a no frills truck. I still like the styling of them and you get a tough truck for the money.

driving off into the sunset
By Tim Hayden

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Maybe could be better on fuel. Off road the Pro4x is alright. Jeep wrangler is better. But for the most part not a bad truck