Used 2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M) Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Frontier for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Frontier Desert Runner

crazymagman, 04/30/2006
2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Have had the truck just over a year and have not been overly thrilled. As a Desert Runner it is fun to drive off road and you can go anywhere you want, but it feels unconnected from the road and like it is working very hard on the interstate to keep up to speed. It's okay, but not quite as good as I would have liked.

so far, so good

maas, 11/24/2002
2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 95 Nissan pickup that never did me wrong, but it was time to get something newer. I decided to stick with Nissan due to my past experience. I love this truck, but I keep hearing about people having problems with them and that scares me. One thing I can say is that the A/C makes some strange noises that I fear will mean problems in the future. Also, my clutch pedal squeaks. Gas mileage stinks big time. Overall, I think it's great, but I'm still worried that it will end up having some problems .

Disappointed

jratzloff, 10/06/2008
2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the Desert Runner (100,000 miles) after owning a 97 Dodge. The heater core had to be replaced ($700), the heater controls on the dash were "stripped" out and did not work properly($250), and the air distribution box under the dash still needs to be replaced, but I won't do that for a while, if ever. I've had many small trucks, but none rode as rough as this one. I have replaced the shocks and will change tires soon. On a smooth road, it is great, but on a rough road, wow!. Steering wheel blocks the dash instruments (I am 6'3"). Truck looks great and has enough room inside for me, but I am really disappointed in the mechanical aspects of the truck, specially for a Nissan.

Driver Makes the Gas Mileage

diffie, 08/14/2002
2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Mechanically perfect and absolutely reliable, this 3800-lb truck w/ 3 adults, a pop-up camper, and other gear went from Dallas to the mountains above Sante Fe. Plenty of power to pull this 6500-lb GVW up to 11,000 ft. 15mpg in the steep parts, 17mpg in the prairie when towing. 20mpg when driving sans trailer. The only thing I do not like about this truck is that I paid too much for it because 3 week later these trucks were discounted by $3000. I was not happy with my dealer... Trophy Nissan of Dallas. I'll not shop there any more.

Love this truck!

WilliamB, 11/12/2002
2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just got my v6 Desert Runner from a dealer. It was used, but this truck runs great! The v6 isn't as strong as its competition, Toyota Tacoma Prerunner v6, but it still packs a pretty good punch. For its size, the acceleration is pretty good. The ride is smoother than I thought. Overall, this is a very good vehicle. I recomend looking into one if you are searching for midsize trucks.