Used 2011 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Sporty Coupe
By blf

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great, stylish coupe. I am second owner, have had it 5 1/2 years. Replaced the battery, had timely oil changes but otherwise maintenance free. Highly recommend as long as you don't require use of the back seat a lot.

Best Altima I’ve owned!
By ReRe Miller

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is more comfortable than the new VW Passat. Seats are comfortable. Even without power seats, I can easily adjust the seat. There are no blind spots, either. The privacy glass is wonderful! Without the tint the car gets quite hot in the summer, which must be due to the large windshield. Gas mileage is good for an older car (2011 model; it’s 2018) I average 24-26 MPH. The steering is responsive and easy. The car still shifts like it is new. I do use the manual mode, as well. It works with no problems at all. After considering s new car purchase, I decided not to buy a new car. Any technology it may lack is made up for with easy to use, inexpensive after-market parts. I use a Bluetooth adapter in my radio. Simply put, with 134,000 miles, this car is the most reliable I have owned.

Great Reliable Vehicle for Responsible Student
By Mary Reid

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This has been a great car. Travel is easy and comfortable. She will fly when speed is necessary. Regular maintenance is pretty much all that has been necessary. Gas mileage is better than most vehicles. 35 - 37 mpg on road (depends on your driving habits).

Performance and value at a reasonable price
By Leon Young

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This V-6 sedan delivers very good acceleration, the ride is solid but quiet and provides a feeling of good control. Other than a failure of the computer system shortly after purchase, the car has performed flawlessly for over 6 years. Interior is adequate but for the price one can't expect too much. In short, a car that combines value with very good performance.

Poor Man's Ferrari
By TVR

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car with 28K miles on it and paid $23K (off the lot). Let's talk about the bad stuff first; The visibility is pretty bad for this coupe. I have little round parabolic mirrors on both side mirrors and it's still a challenge to make a safe lane change in heavy traffic - but hey, it's a coupe! Getting in and out of the car; I am 6 foot tall and the car is low so I have to open the door, put my back to the seat and then lower myself in, then slide my butt around 90 degrees to be in the drivers position. I do that to stop the wear pattern on the left side of the driver's seat and make it easy on my knee replacement. Now for the good stuff; There are few cars that appeal to me, most out of my price range. But the red 2011 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SR is a work of art to me. Yes, it's got to be RED because the large tail lights blend into the body much better. There isn't a bad line on the car, every line and curve flows like a dream. I have de-badged the trunk lid to give it a cleaner look. Because it's de-badged few people know what type of car I'm driving - they'll come up to me and ask, "what kind of car is that? It's so cool looking!" The first year I had it I burned off a set of expensive Michelin tires, I have since slowed down a bunch. The car has a lot of get-up-and-go, plenty for me. It corners like it's on rails, very little body roll. I have lost it in a corner but the road was cold (well below freezing) and the tires were hard. I don't think I will be selling this car anytime soon, I just love the darn thing.