2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:

Don’t listen to the “expert” reviews
By Joshua E

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.0 LE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased one for less than 20k out the door total with tax and all. A 2018 outlander sport 2.0 limited edition with awd. The interior is really nice. Seats are comfortable. don’t let a review stop you from a test drive. Go see for yourself. The reviewers saying it’s sooo slow the cvt sucks and it’s just errrr cheap. See what other suvs you can find for under 20k that are awd and not a complete base model... I went to Toyota Honda Nissan Kia ford Chevy dodge Jeep I spent months looking test driving just wasting time... I had a 2012 Ford and contrary to all the reviews who said it’s nice etc etc. the car completely fell apart it creaked clunked and rattled from every panel there was. Not to mention those funky curvy designs the rest of the manufactures have followed make its impossible to clean your interior. Especially in a dusty condition. Now I’ll be that guy and say these have better interior than a lot of the competion it’s simple elegant interior. Unlike most reviewers I love that about it! I don’t want some funky space ship looking interior that I cant find what button does what. The climate control on these period is how it should be standard on all of them in my opinion. Simple nobs with an auto setting and a knob for temperature.... heated seats are standard! I mean common sorry this 20k vehicle doesn’t quite look like your Mercedes’s bens inside that costed 3x that price tag... Really....who’s buying these to do 0-60 times or push performance. I got mine because I needed an efficient comfortable quiet ride that was both safe and reliable and plus that 34mpg highway over what it’s rated for in the first place is outstanding. Coming from a ford owner you couldn’t pay me to take another one. My family owns ford gm dodge jeeps and I’ve seen the insides of all of them I’ve rode in all of them. For what this is with this price it’s unrivaled hands down. Sure go get your ford cause you wanted a refined everything and all that new stuff they don’t know how reliable it’s going to be because it was released to sell. Mitsubishi doesn’t do that. They take something that was already reliable for years and build upon it trying to improve it. Not build a new car to match all the 0-60 times of new cars and all that. Again who buys one of these to go fast. If you want fast go get a Range Rover supercharged for 4x the price tag. Simple reliable safe and fuel Efficient is what I wanted and it’s comfy the steering is perfectly fine and the cvt though it’s my first cvt vehicle i love it. Smooth constant pull to 55mph at 2000 rpm argue with that!!! It indeed has shift points somewhat it really just seems to hold one rpm when accelerating as much as it can unless you let off and as your letting off it feels exactly like it’s shifting. I love it. 5 transmissions in my ford and countless times of getting boned by the stealership. No more! Take a test drive before you let the expert reviewers change ur mind cause they get payed by the competion. You may well just drive one home.

18 outlander sport le 4x4 2.0 love it!!!
By Joshua reedy

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.0 LE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Don’t listen to the “professional” reviewers they don’t have the car but for a day or 2 and drive unreliable bmws as icing on the cake. The interior is awesome I for one don’t like the funky look curvy interior these new cars are getting I got mine for 19k out the door 100k Mitsubishi diamond warranty check that out bumper to bumper for 100k miles. Unbeatable imo. It has ton of space I’m 6”3 and ride very comfortable the awd system is outstanding right up there if not better than Subaru. I’ve had mine for 2000 miles everything from the simple yet classy interior the torquey 2.0 and cvt which I never have had before and used to hate cvts. When you can accelerate from a stop at 2000 rpm all the way to 55 in a smooth constant pull something about it is just nice makes me want to cruise. Gas mileage I’m over what it’s rated for I get about 32mpg Highway. No issue with acceleration onto a busy high way very quiet ride and again it’s very comfortable. For the price warranty and some of the best safety and reliability ratings out there hands down I’m very happy I got out of my ford and into this. I love hearing the reviewers oh look at this cheap plastic yet the same reviewer on my ford said the ford was very nice coming from an owner it rattled like crap door panels popped off when shutting my door. What a joke! They get payed to give a good review and hardly give one otherwise. The owners of these love em and you can’t argue with that. thank you Mitsubishi for getting me out of my unreliable 5 transmission having turd under 150k miles!!! Having peace of mind that you in something reliable is something many don’t know till they end up dumping thousands into a car and regret it.... like I did.

I love my outlander sport
By Ron g

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.4 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I don’t know what people are talking about when they say this auto is slow. That’s not true. You hit the gas you go and go pretty fast. Handling on wet roads were really great. Stuck to road like glue. My interior is nice. I’m happy I got this suv

Low Price 2nd Vehicle-You get what you pay for....
By John

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.0 LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This vehicle is not of high quality anywhere. I needed a spare second vehicle with ground clearance and AWD. This is a rough ride and cheap fit and finish vehicle. It serves it's purpose but like I said in my title. You get what you pay for and nothing more. So if you want an SUV in the low $20's and aren't picky and don't care about quality, comfort or resale go for it. I'd buy a used low mileage car before buying one again.

Great crossover unless you are rear-ended
By Kamran

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.4 SEL 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle for my wife to get a safer vehicle than her smaller sedan. We were completely happy with it until we were hit from behind on the highway. Our driver and passenger seatback broke and were instantly thrown into the fully reclined position throwing myself and my wife into the backseat of the vehicle. We were lucky that our 2 month old son was placed in the middle of the backseat so we only struck the sides of his carseat as we were thrown backwards. If there was anyone sitting directly behind us, the injuries could have been catastrophic.