Used 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Outlander PHEV for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Never Buy This Vehicle

ATUL, 03/19/2020
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid DD)

I bought the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Model 2019 in the month of December 2019 from the dealer " Surrey Mitsubishi". It has some manufacturing defects. I took the vehicle twice to the said dealership but they are not able to fix it. Now the vehicle is not charging and I am not able to use it's PHEV feature. In-spite of regular complaints to the dealership and the manufacturer they failed to provide any satisfactory response or solutions to the problem. I am feeling being cheated.

Great EV transition vehicle

LadyM, 10/01/2020
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid DD)

I've been commuting in this car for a month now (hilly 40mi each way, mostly freeway), and it's getting about 60mpg overall and 22-25mi of battery range when starting at 80-100% charge each way. A few trips taken without charge manage about 40mpg on the freeway. The styling and tech is nothing exciting, but it's a comfy ride with good visibility and tons of interior space. With no driver input, it seems to prioritize EV mode at all speeds under 85mph until the battery is depleted, unless quick acceleration or steep hillclimbs are needed. My main complaint is that the gas tank is fairly small and so it still requires frequent fill ups with my driving needs. Overall, a great car to drive before transitioning to full EV as their range improves.

Solid Investment

Iowa PHEV, 01/02/2021
GT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid DD)

I’m pleased with my purchase. I traded in a 2016 Outlander (gas only version) for this PHEV. I’m enjoying driving, especially in EV mode. My wife takes it to her school and back everyday which is about a 10 mile commute one-way. Gas mileage and range drop significantly when the temps get below freezing, but it’s still very efficient. I’ve had no problems thus far, which is good since I’m located far away from my Mitsubishi dealer. I continue to be impressed with the quality level of Mitsubishi’s, and this one is more luxurious and has more bells and whistles than our previous Outlander. I’m hoping it also proves to be as reliable as my last one. We currently have about 2700 miles on the new one, but traded in our old one with over 75000 miles on the odometer with zero problems including a very long trip out west this past summer. My only disappointment is the lack of a spare tire. That makes me a bit nervous even though I get free roadside assistance for five years and unlimited miles. The best part was the incredible deal I got on this vehicle. It came with an $11K discount including all rebates and loyalty rewards. Not to mention the $5800 tax credit I’ll be receiving on my federal income taxes this year. My dealer in White Bear, MN was fantastic. With the great deal, long 100K mile warranty, and previous experience with Mitsubishi quality, I think it’s a solid investment for the long-term. I love all the gadgets that come with our GT version, and it’s also fun to see how much electric drive I can squeeze out of it before we need to engage the gas engine. I installed a 240 volt charger in my garage for it, and received a $500 rebate from my municipal utility for it, and will also be receiving a $1000 tax credit for its purchase and installation. Overall, the PHEV is an investment, but I think it’s a solid one, because it’s been well sorted out in international markets and is a great value for the buck. And, on top of that, I’m putting less exhaust into the air.

2019 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Matthew, 02/12/2021
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid DD)

Love it. Economical, practical, and comfortable. Especially nice when I have gone up to six weeks without having to fuel up. For an AWD SUV it is very good on fuel on longer trips. Would have liked to see a longer battery range (80 km) but overall will be keeping this vehicle for the long term. When compared to my previous vehicle the gas savings along will pay for this vehicle in about 8 years.

So far we love driving without burning gas...

Pat and Ann, 02/24/2021
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid DD)

We purchased our Outlander PHEV because out 2018 Outlander Sport had the catalytic converter taken from it and it was going to be a 2-3 month wait for parts. We went in the dealer wanting to purchase a 3 row Outlander, and when we were talking to the dealer he said would you like a PHEV and pay the same as an Outlander, and we said let's take it for a drive. After our test drive I asked them to run some numbers, we got a brand new never driven off the lot 2019 PHEV for way less (after the federal tax rebate) then what a 2020 Outlander would have cost us. So far we are getting used to driving in EV and getting used to putting it in the right modes, and to make sure we push the charge button when we are running on gas. I was surprised just by doing that we got another 8 miles without burning any gas... So far we love it and all of the bells and whistles WOW!!!!