2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

hypermiler mirage
By james mandill

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

this car isn"t for everyone but if you like to save money you will love this car. i am averaging 45 mpg city 50 plus on highway. you have to learn how to drive the cvt transmission and keep rpm"s around 2k to get the best mileage. ac is ice cold and a very comfortable ride. there is some road noise and you wont win any races but this car will change the way you drive for the better. i am relaxed when driving this car because i no longer allow other drivers control the way i drive. i actually look forward to driving this car and passing up those gas stations.

To all of the Mirage "Pro" review snobs!
By Mirage Advocate

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I am sorely tired of reading all of the "professional" reviews on the 2017 Mirage....enough already! It's the mob mentality...pile on! The car is perfect for what it was designed for...plain, excellent mpg, tremendous warranties...that's it! No, not going to beat even an old person pushing a walker off the line...won't happen. Won't ever be confused with the lavish interior of a Lexus or Infiniti...stupid to think it would! Is it cheaply made (to a point) and have doors that are very light and non-substantial...yep! Is the handling on par with the Porche and Mercedes? Don't expect that to happen! BUT, does it get exceptional mpg? I got 46 mpg my first tank of gas....was amazed...middle of winter in MN! Does it come with the industry-leading warranty? Better than Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, and Ford....Yes! Does it cost a king's ransom? No! You can easily (relatively) own this car new off the showroom floor and enjoy a decade of powertrain coverage, and, depending on the miles you drive....maybe even a decade of bumper-to-bumper coverage...unheard of! If you intent is to be from point A to point B with the least possible cost, both in mpg and cost of ownership then this is your vehicle! Unpretentious, not overpriced, full of value...that's what the Mirage was made to do and it delivers in SPADES! So, all you snotty "professional" reviewers go take a hike! Too bad Mitsubishi isn't paying you exorbitantly to overrate their vehicle like Nissan, Honda, Toyota, etc. Show some integrity...call it like it is! I know REAL jobs are hard to come by but persevere, maybe Mitsubishi will hire you to detail and prep the new Mirages to sell...it would be Karma at it's best! I love my Mirage....no payments, fantastic mpg, industry-leading warranty, and, I'll pass most cars by as they refuel at the gas station! Mirage Nation unite!

5 Stars across the board for me!
By Dan F

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I wanted a reliable, super fuel efficient, easy to drive and park car,with a great warranty and with low insurance. The Mirage has all of that and looks great too! It doesnt look like every other car on the road and its easy to find in any parking lot as long as you dont park it next to a pickup LOL This car turns on a dime. stops great, handles well enough to be fun,and loves to sneak around traffic! The engine sips gas and I love the 5 speed manual transmission too. The only things I dont like is the lack of a light in the glove box and the lack of an outside temp gauge, thats it! The room inside the back with the rear seats down is pretty damn big and the front seats for me are pretty damn comfy, Im 5 ft 8 and fit just right in this car! There is some truth in some road noise on the highway with the stock Dunlop tires, but its not overpowering and the new radio for 2018 takes care of the noise anyway! I can honestly say that I really like this car,it ndoes everything more than well enough for my needs, to take me wherever I want and cheaply too!

Great Value!
By MB

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I paid $9299 for a brand new Mirage ES (manual) with added bluetooth/center armrest), & it was delivered to my driveway from a dealership that was over 200 miles (neighboring state) from my home. We did the paperwork on my kitchen table. "Out the door price" was $10,153.73 (including everything - tax, title, new WI plates, etc...) If I were a veteran or current Mitsubishi owner, I would have qualified for two more rebates. Originally, I was considering a slightly used Yaris, Fit, or Mazda2. None of those cars would have given me a 5-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty, & an added lifetime/unlimited mileage dealership powertrain warranty. Plus, I have no worries about how my car has been taken care of from day one. It's amazing how far a 9.2 gallon tank of gas will take you. For a small car the Mirage handles nicely. It ability to absorb bumps and potholes is amazing. Strong winds do blow it around some, but otherwise it handles great! The 5 speed manual shifts smoothly, & it's fun to drive. 78 hp is plenty of power for a car this size. I like the fact that this car is a little outside the norm. Some professional auto reviewers are missing the purpose of this vehicle. It's a simple design/platform that gets the job done very efficiently. Compare the customer review ratings (KBB for example) of the top 10 selling cars in the US & the Mirage. People who own a Mirage are very happy with their purchase.

Retired mechanic loves the Mirage
By gary greenwell

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I started working on cars in 1968, doing bodywork. Later I bought and ran a repair shop. Also built close to 200 salvage vehicles over a career that ended in 1999. I paid cash for the car, have carried no debt for 21 years now at age 67. I can afford to buy more expensive, the wife can afford to buy even more expensive. I bought the Mirage after researching the MPG capabilities especially those drivers who could reach 60 mpg in this car. The rear seat leg room is ample for my parents (96&92) to ride comfortably up to 50 miles each way without any problem. with my 6 feet in the drivers seat moved all the way back. Closing in on 3 years and 38,000 miles, the biggest problem was rear axle alignment which Mitsubishi finally fixed with a replacement rear axle. i had almost the same problem with a 2006 Corolla bought new which required a body shop to re position the rear axle mounts. The Mirage axle had camber and toe issues with the right rear wheel. Now I have a new set of Ensaves and a properly aligned rear axle and can really feel how well this car handles, with no modifications. I can go around the turn into my neighborhood coasting at 27 mph without any problem except the gasp from the wife if I tried to do that with her in the car. I have driven almost any car you could imagine including a DeTomaso Pantera, Ferraris, Jag XKEs. The Mirage is not one of those but with the alignment fixed it's completely capable of doing things on cloverleafs that would make you gasp and that is with stock suspension components. As far as resale value, I have no intention of selling my Mirage so resale won;t happen unless I become physically incapable of driving a manual transmission, at least until the warranty expires, by which time I will be 73+ years age. I actually bought another car to keep the miles down on the Mirage so it will be under warranty for the full 10 years, or at least close to that number. Still feel the same way as I did when I first posted this review.