Used 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

Value AWD car if you can ignore the faults
By Arsh

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer SE 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great value AWD car if you can look past it's faults. Even with those, I'm saddened by the fact that I won't be able to buy a re-design model as Mitsubishi has decided to cancel the car for now. Pros: would be affordable, AWD, Blutooth works flawless, heated seats with cloth (i hate leather), and great handling. The biggest cons are the fact that while the 2.4L will get you up to speed and stay there easily, it's dull to drive and slow to respond because of it's rubber band effect. The 2.4L with a shiftable auto would have made this car loads of fun. Also the CVT used to be extremely jerky. This was remedied by getting the transmission fluid flushed, but I wish I had known that initially because it was miserable at slow speeds the first few years. Anyone buying used should immediately have the fluid flushed on it. Also road noise is not reduced in the least. All that said though, this thing eats snow for breakfast, handles road trips like a wonder, and is the best value car i've found. It doesn't have everything the big names have, but it's 1000x more fun to drive than most of them.

I miss this car
By Peter

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used the day before Halloween 2015, and had it until it was totaled on June 3, '17. I loved it, and I miss it very much. Gas mileage was better than advertised, rarely got worse than 30 mpg in combined driving and regularly got 36-37 on the highway. I'm 5'11" and there was plenty of leg room. Good stereo, though nothing special. Didn't have to perform any maintenance on it other than oil changes, which are only needed every 7500 miles. No problems whatsoever. I got hit by someone probably going 40 and I was not hurt, other than my pride. (accident was my fault.) I highly recommend the Lancer to anyone looking for a good, reliable car with great gas mileage. I'm seriously considering buying another Lancer myself.

Great value!
By soyeahiknow

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have been the go to guy to buying cars for my family so in the past 4 years, I have bought 3 new cars and one used car.

I was worried about the CVT transmission because i read online it was a bad transmission with no power. Wow, these "expert" reviewers must be test driving too many turbo mustangs and super cars. The CVT is just fine in power! If you are not used to driving one, it may feel different. So in a with a regular auto transmission, a sign of an underpowered car is when u push the gas hard, you will see the engine RPM go way up but the speed lags until it up-shifts a gear. The CVT sounds just like that so u THINK like it's underpowered but it's not true. Test drive one.

bluetooth, steering wheel volume control, cruise, a bunch of safety features, an interactive computer for mpg, etc. You can't find this on other cars in this segment!

Nothing at this price point...

I love my Lancer
By emmons11

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a 60yr old man and i have owned many many cars and trucks in my day.The MITSUBISHI LANCER is the best of all of them.I like to drive again,thanks to the Lancer!the handling, ride, fun to drive,good mpg,room,10yr 100,000 powertrain,5yr 60,000 bumper to bumper.how can you go wrong?this car is for young and old plus a great family car to.please drive one and see for yourself.

fun to drive,handling,the way it zips around town,the comfort of the seats,gas milage.But the way it looks is awsome.

none

Another Mits in the family
By skwillbanks

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer SE 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We have had several Mits's.
Eclipse, Spyder, several Galants, Monty Sport.
All excellent purchases and very dependable and they run forever.
Our daughter is now of driving age and we went out on a limb am bought her a new car.
Lancer SE.
Was originally looking at an ES but the 2.0 is noisy.
Drove the SE just to see if the engine was quieter and it was.
This is the same engine my first Galant had in it.
Very, very good car.
With the warranty, the safety ratings, and the quality they offer - well I would say it was an easy decision.

Dependability Initial quality Performance