Used 2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Endeavor model:

We Love Our Endeavors!!
By Brian Glover

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We loved our Endeavor so much that we bought another one! His and hers! We live in Northeast Ohio and get a lot of snow - the all wheel drive Endeavors have been awesome in the snow! You just need to make sure that you keep good tires on them - so every September we go out and do the quarter test, yes quarter, not penny since we live in such a snow belt area and if we can see their head, then we purchase a set of new tires. We currently own a 2006 and a 2005. We bought them used from a Mitsubishi Dealership back in 2011 and then the other in 2012. They run fantastic, no engine or transmission problems, but due to the weather around here and their age, we are dealing with some rust issues - right now the 2005 is running very loud due to rust making a hole in the exhaust system. Unfortunately, they stopped making the Endeavors in 2011, but if you are o.k. with used and can get your hands on one, we highly recommend them, especially if you live in a snowy area.

Loved my Mitsubishi, Endeavor. Very comfortable!
By JANET RAUBOLD

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Loved this car!
By Robin

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm up to 158K miles and once again, a Mitsubishi engine has not let me down! I've had it 6 years and put about 80K on it. I had the sunroof fixed last year (leaking) and a power steering pump put on about 2 years ago. I currently have water leaking into the driver's floor board and we have not been able to find the source. Probably haven't put more than $500 in parts/labor into it other than ordinary maintenance. (oil change/tires, brakes, etc...) I put a hitch on it and pulled trailer/bike 2000K and I would do it again tomorrow. I enjoyed the power at take-off and merging, hehe. I've never hesitated to drive it to work when co-workers called in for snowy roads. We were the only ones that got out of the mud soaked valley when all others got stuck. (People sat on that side of the road to watch the show :) ) If I could buy this car brand new (but with the more modern features of Bluetooth and aux jack) I would definitely consider it. But alas, it's time to move on.....

most reliable car I've owned
By A A

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

2005 Endeavor. Purchased in 2008, is now 2016, so I've had the car 8 years and put 70k miles on it. Acceleration is adequate, as well as handling and braking. I'm not going to let this vehicle get out of my grasp until it is worn out. Have done nothing except routine maintenance (oil, brakes, belts, battery), all done myself, and always easy. Only repairs have been replacing the oxygen sensors. Opted to have the timing belt changed, and mechanic mentioned it's one of the quickest timing belt jobs he's done. (which means you don't pay for a lot of labor!). My ONLY complaint is the lack of an aux input on the stereo, and difficulty of replacing the stereo with an aftermarket unit. Like the title states, this has been the most reliable of the 15+ cars I've owned in my life.

Update, still the most reliable car I've ever owned. She's starting to show her age, and things you expect to wear out by 140K are wearing out. I'll fix those things, and keep it till it falls apart.

Update. Now at 155K. Had tie rod ends replaced. Everything else is still going strong. Still keeping this car until it stops running.

Dependable Vehicle
By Tanya

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Endeavor with about 75,000 miles on it in 2010. We have driven it across the country and back a few times and we just love it! It currently has 181,000 miles on it and is still going strong. We have only had to do routine maintenance on it except for one thing. The air conditioner started to drain into the vehicle instead of outside but we took it to the dealership and only ended up paying a couple hundred dollars. Other than that it has been a super reliable vehicle.