Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used Mystique for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Dont Listen To the Negatives People

Kevin Landy, 12/17/2003
1997 Mercury Mystique GS 4dr Sedan

I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT THIS VEHICLE IS OVERALL WONDERFUL. MY MYSTIQUE IS IN PEARL WHITE WITH A KEYLESS ENTRY, SUNROOF, ALL POWER OPTIONS, AND IS EQUIPPED WITHT HE SPREE PACKAGE. I BELIEVE THAT THIS 4CYL IS ONE OF THE MOST TOUGHEST 4 BANGERS AROUND ESPCIALLY HAVIN A DOHC INSTEAD OF A SHOC. PASSING MANUEVERS ARE NOT BAD, THROTTLE RESPONSE IS SATISFYING, GAS MILEAGE IS VERY GOOD, AN HAS ONE OF THE SMOOTHEST RIDES A 4 BANGER CAN OFFER. BELIEVE ME PEOPLE I KNOW MY VEHICLES AND IM TELLIN YA IF YOUR LOOK FOR A REAL NICE CAR, BEAUTIFUL FEATURE,HAS GOOD POWER, GOOD GAS MILEAGE, AND GREAT RELIABILITY. THE MYSTIQUE IS FOR U.

2.5 out of 5 stars

Thought it was a good buy

EPierce, 02/15/2006
1997 Mercury Mystique LS 4dr Sedan

Bought used with 50,000 miles. Looked to be in goods shape. In less than a year had to replace the water pump (plastic impeller broke in two), power steering pump, puller idler arm, and some vacuum hoses. Now transmission is making noises and idle problem has cropped up that no one can find. Not my idea of reliability. Have cars with double the mileage with less problems.

4 out of 5 stars

Not too bad if u dont count all recalls.

Cody5530, 08/14/2002
1997 Mercury Mystique GS 4dr Sedan

Overall a decent car, but the recalls are driving me crazy, plus the window switches have gone out and belts need replacing.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Grew up with one.

eddieallen, 08/07/2013
1997 Mercury Mystique GS 4dr Sedan

My mom bought our car in 2008, it's always been there for us and it always starts up. We've driven it to Florida, New Jersey, and Cali before. We live in NY. It gets excellent gas mileage and is really sporty for a 4 door. My mom got a new car and it's mine now it's my first car and I've been rocking it for 1 1/2 years. The only things we've had to replace is the blinker light in the rear back. We have the Spree model and its a great model. It's always there for me and has never stalled. I'm 6' 2" and I fit in it comfortably. I just don't like the outside look of it besides that its my baby.

5 out of 5 stars

MyCarReview

Tay, 05/24/2002
1997 Mercury Mystique GS 4dr Sedan

This is a nice car. It drives smooth and is very reliable. It has great mileage.