Used 2008 Mercury Milan Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Milan for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Great car

Nancy, 11/16/2015
Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 5 yrs now. Loved it! Had a few problems but nothing major. I would definitely consider getting another one if I were able to find a newer version but I think they have discontinued this vehicle.

Avoid Milan & Fusion with 5-speed Automatic Transmission

cesareoc, 03/24/2014
Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car looks great, drive decently, but it has a major problem: the Mazda built 5 speed automatic transmissions. This transmission seems to have a shorter life span than most modern transmission. Mine started to go at around 80k and completely shut down at 95k. It is a seal system that cannot be serviced, and it is expensive to rebuild. Even the used ones cost twice as much as any other used transmission. This along should be a good reason to avoid Milan and Fusion models with this part, and perhaps all Milan and Fusion.

Surprised and Pleased

MARC, 03/28/2009
Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had all but written off Big three products. I was coming off my MDX lease and was looking for a more gas mileage friendly vehicle. I was also looking to spend a bit less. The Milan just had the best look, quietest ride, fun toys(SYNC and CD changer) for the money. My prior departure from consumer reports recommendations (with ford) have ended badly. To my surprise CR gave the Milan a full red circle(highest rating) for reliability and Camry was only given an average rating. The unfortunate rapid depreciation put a quasi luxury vehicle under 2 years of factory warranty into the range of affordability. 28 MPG 60% highway/country roads. Comp Camry had 80k miles, to a Milan with 16K

Very impressive car

Paul, 08/02/2008
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The car blends handling and comfort remarkably well. The Milan sticks to the road thru hard turns yet still soaks up bad pavement pretty darn well. Power and acceleration are plenty enough for those of us who don't buy a car to race it. Mid and high end power is very good for passing and surging on the highways. Attractive inside and out, this car has all the creature comforts I wanted for about $4000 less than I would of payed for a simiarly equipped Accord or Camry. Factor in the high marks for reliability that Milan/Fusion get and you can't go wrong here.

A Car to Rely On

VigaGlum, 01/04/2017
4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when the first owner turned it in as a leased vehicle. It was in nearly new condition. It has been comfortable and economical on trips. The best part about it is that it has required no repairs, only regular maintenance. It starts on the first try, even when the temp is -20F. As a 4 cylinder, it doesn't have the acceleration of a 6, but it does very well passing on two-lane highways. I can say honestly it might be the best car I've ever owned in terms of comfort, reliability, and economy. True, it's not a fancy or zippy car, but it's a car you can depend on. * Since I wrote that review, the moon roof jammed and wouldn't shut. After checking with the dealer and two auto body shops, I concluded that the cost of repairing/replacing it was ridiculous. So I took it apart and taped it shut. Three weeks later I traded it in on a Honda Accord Sport. However, I don't blame the car. When moon roofs go bad, they are rarely worth fixing (too expensive). Therefore, I will never buy a car with a moon roof again.

12345...11