Used 1992 Mercury Capri XR2 Turbo 2dr Convertible Consumer Reviews

None for sale nearby. Instead:

Still A Fun Ride

John, 03/08/2008
XR2 Turbo 2dr Convertible

3 years ago I bought a blue 1992 XR2, just like the picture. It was really about the mileage since our other cars were 2 Ford Expeditions which only got 9 mpg on a good day. Well what a surprise that little car turned out to be. Although it had 78,000 miles on the odometer, it still started and ran like a top. The 5 speed tranny is still tight and the acceleration after driving that land barge was nothing short of breathtaking. I swapped out the old 15" wheels for some new "A.R" 16" wheels and put on  some 225X 60 series tires and what a difference. The thing just hugs the road in a bear grip and will not let go even though I really push it.I found a hard top and its all set.

Great Car!

RobertD123, 08/23/2003
XR2 Turbo 2dr Convertible

We have owned this car for almost 11 years. The quality has been superb. No major repairs and minor maintenance. The only problem has been finding the small cosmetic parts. Engine parts have been no problem through the dealer. Definitely a keeper. Still looks and runs like new.

Approach with caution

Michael of C+M, 08/12/2002
XR2 Turbo 2dr Convertible

Not all Capris are junk, but be careful. If this car were as mechanically reliable as it was good- looking, I'd probably still have it. My Capri burned out every exterior light bulb except one fog light. Both CV Boots failed within 4 months of each other. Nobody could figure out why the engine pinged under load, and I always used premium.

I love this car

Jacquelyn, 07/02/2010
XR2 Turbo 2dr Convertible

I bought the Capri on a whim in AZ. I decided to sell it before I left the state. I have been East 6 months and refused to buy a car. My friends and I could not figure it out. I finally did. This am I was looking at cars and put in Capri. I found the exact duplicate. I am walking out the door with cash in hand. Does that say it all?