Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

Oh Yes,.... The Moosemobile Rides Again!
By David D. Johnson

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I'm 73 years old and this 2008 S550 4-MATIC will easily carry me and the missus into the sunset. I trust if you have looked for the big luxurious S class cars, you have seen how the prices have dropped significantly from the ridiculous cost new of $103,000. This is exactly why I've never purchased a Mercedes new. Figure that after you've been able to convince your wife just why paying so much for a new car, you'll have to hide because the price used after three years will be one half the new sticker cost. Through the years, I've owned many S class examples, and by far this '08 example is the best of the bunch. As you know, the huge styling change for the 2007 through 2013 was a good idea and staying away from the first year after a "biggie" brought a vehicle second to none. I'm probably looking at a paint refresh but nothing else in my plans for the car. I trust the car to take me where I need to go, either to our second home near our son and grandkids in Colorado, or my occasional legal consulting trip, (Yes, I still work 30 to 40 hours per week because I truly love my legal work). I actually look forward to driving the car, I know, go figure.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAR
By vonda williams

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

it is a great luxury car-once i had one i cant see driving anything else! Fast and sporty-so many options i am still learning them all! I had one for two months before I was hit in it -a 50 mph crash and i walked away! My car didnt-so I bought another one! What a safe feeling car it is! Put together solid and with quality parts.

Great Vehicle
By Kwame Davis

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This a great vehicle, I originally bought to take long trips across America then I got sick and my wife soon after got sick too. The vehicles was ultimately used for an occasional trip from north jersey down to Waldorf, Maryland. As a result the car only has a little over 32,000 miles on it. I love the car but it's to hard for me to get in and out of it because of my back operations.

Lasting luxury
By Florin Arsene

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

At 70k miles, the car feels like barely broken in. The build and finish quality are outstanding, with first rate materials. Repairs, well, might seem to be on the costlier side, however when taking everything in consideration this is a small concern, as this car is top quality overall.

The S63 is the best combination of comfort and speed in one machine
By riosouza

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

The S63 is the best combination of comfort and speed in one machine, period.
It has so much power on "S" mode that if it wasn't for the traction control it would be hard to keep it straight.
It's like being on a Cadillac with the feeling of a high end sports car when you hit the gas pedal.
I drive my S63 daily, and the comfort makes me slow down and enjoy the ride. Then when I got an idiot tailgating me, I just hit the gas for few seconds and he disappears on my rear view mirror.
If you go for a test drive, you will buy it...

It's well built, and where most of other companies would use cheap chromed plastic, the S63 has metal, such as buttons. I love every feature of it.