Skip to main content

Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A) Consumer Reviews

4.9 out of 5 stars

4.75 out of 5 stars

Very nice

hemi_torque, 02/23/2014
ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

We have one without the airmatic setup….Lightens the weight of the ML and eliminates any potential air springs issues in the future. It has blazing acceleration - when launched, even at part throttle, it can feel like you just got rear ended by a truck that forgot to stop. You'd have to see it to believe what cars it can out accelerate on a regular basis. Has a solid yet comfortable ride. Structure is very solid & tough. Engine & exhaust are tuned to be quiet & relaxed, and so don't be expecting high performance sounds. Has been very reliable so far. It's also a very safe SUV with great crash test results. MPG is actually not bad considering this level of power in an SUV package.

2008 ML 550 - Be careful Toyota fans

2008-550MLBeast, 04/26/2008
ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Nothing less than what I expected from Mercedes. You've done it again! Performance like I've never seen before. Comfort plus unbelievable speed. Not for the Toyota/Lexus girls & guys.... This is way too much vehicle for you! Thank you Mercedes- Benz!

4.88 out of 5 stars

My 2nd MLV8!

RockyM, 02/19/2009
ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2006 ML500 for this 2008ML550 because I wanted a few more options such as a hitch and backup camera. My 06ML was wonderful and I had no problems for the three years I owned it! My new 08ML550 is awesome! The extra 80 hp makes it even more powerful (ML500 was fast to me) and the gas mileage is about the same! How do they do that? The quality is top notch and this vehicle is so much fun to drive! Love it!

Outstanding!

Duke, 05/01/2017
ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

What a great vehicle. Excellent Driver. Outstanding Power, Torque and smooth acceleration. Purchased new in 2008 and have had very few issues. Still looks and drives as new with 117,000 miles. Oh, I only wish that MB offered this new in 2017 -- I would buy it immediately. The new GLE350 does not hold a candle to this 9 year old car.

5 out of 5 stars

Update after two years of ownership

joe43, 03/04/2011
ML550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have now had my ML550 two years since my last review. I actually enjoy my vehicle even more than before!! I have had no problems with it and the power is just so amazing with the gas mileage not so bad (avg 15mpg). I live downtown and do not drive a lot of hwy miles but when on hwy I get 19 to 20 mpg. Small trucks with V6 engines do not get better in town gas mpg. The quality has stood up and I intend to keep this ML550 for a long time! I just love this SUV!!