Skip to main content

$56,150

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
2 out of 5 stars

Less than 800 miles. In service for WEEKS

DW, 01/01/2022
GLE 350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

The car is beautiful. However, missing several features other cars have. Less than 800 miles and it’s been in the service department more than in my garage. Had a bolt missing/ broken, terrible noise of things flapping/rattling on the passenger side. Picked up car on Wednesday, had it towed on Friday….”Reversing Not Possible. Service Required”. Over a week now waiting to get it back…..still in a loaner.

1 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
1 out of 5 stars

Most Luxurious in Class

Christian, 03/07/2022
GLE 350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I took delivery in December and immediately fell in-love. I upgraded from a 2016 Volkswagen Touareg and everything about this car is worth the $15k increase in MSRP (mine came in at $71k.) I'm averaging 24.8 MPG with mixed/highway driving over 3,600mi. On a recent road-trip I averaged 30MPG by going the speed limit (Sacramento to Los Angeles.) I love that I can drive 500mi on a tank of gas. I am super disappointed that MBUX doesn't include wireless CarPlay (something available on all 2020+ VW models.) I had issues with the MBUX taking 2+ minutes to load randomly, but that hasn't happened since the recent software update. The panoramic sunroof opens way larger than the X5, but I wish it had the ambient sunroof lighting like the X5. I have the GLE 350 4matic and while the engine doesn't sound pleasant, the performance is on-par and worth it for better efficiency. I do feel like 4matic is more front wheel drive biased compared the competition (I've experienced loss of traction while accelerating hard.) I noticed reviews saying that your pant legs would get dirty when you get in the car; I have this issue too. I feel exceptionally safe in this SUV and love the driver's assistance package. I do wish there was a quicker way to disable the active lane departure warning (it's quite aggressive and disturbs the otherwise exceptional ride.) The active driving assistance (and active lane change assist) make highway driving so easy. The traffic jam assist gets too close to cars for my comfort, but otherwise works as expected. The 360 camera isn't as good as Audi/BMW but it's better than any mainstream brand and I find it very helpful. I tried the automated parallel parking feature twice and it parks as well (or as poorly) as the vehicles you park in-between. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase and intend to keep it until at least the warranty runs out (which is 10k short bumper-to-bumper and 50k miles short for powertrain compared to my Touareg.)

4 out of 5 stars

Just what I wanted!

coach, 02/24/2022
GLE 450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 9A)

Extra leg room is improved. Headlights are the best. I am very pleased Mercedes went away from run flat tires. They are noisy, rough, and cannot be repaired. Fit and finish is excellent. Drives great!

3 out of 5 stars

Luxury & Performance

David W, 01/06/2022
GLE 350 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

We bought the bottom of the line 350 GLE (almost no options), and are incredibly impressed with car. The technology is impressive and intuitive for a non-techy like me. Performance is solid. In performance mode I think it is the equal of the V-6 powered BMW X5. The interior appointments are luxury defined. We looked at BMW, Lincoln and Mercedes and the Mercedes had the most luxurious look and feel. Rear seat leg room is excellent. With the panoramic roof, the back seat may be the best seat in the house! I love all of the safety features like lane keeping, collision avoidance and alarms. The backup camera is the best I saw with overview and the traditional rearview displayed side by side. Most important, my wife LOVES it. MB has created a dealership experience second to none with the cafe and free car washes. I think I'm going to love this car for a long time to come.

What a Ride

TK, 03/24/2022
GLE 350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I am amazed at the assembly quality and the extreme quietness of the ride, not forgetting that for such a heavy SUV the mpg count is great! at an overall 56 mph of 27.2 mpg!

4 out of 5 stars