2020 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

$54,050

Save as much as $12,892
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Love it, but have some concerns

EN, 07/30/2020
E 350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

This beautiful car was delivered to me directly from Germany. Brand new from the factory. Ordered it loaded with options; all leather interior, wood and leather steering wheel, ventilated seats, Burmester sound system etc. The first thing that was pointed out to me by the dealership was the scratch on the hood. Yes, there was a scratch that happened during shipping. I wasn't pleased but of course they're going to fix it. Upon arriving at home with the new car I noticed that the driver's seat did not move back and the seatback actually pushed me forward into the steering wheel when I turned the car off. I was shocked when this happened, as the seatback angle was quite extremely angled toward the wheel. I worked with the "easy enter/exit" settings to no avail. This thing was malfunctioning no matter what I did. The car has been to the dealership twice for this problem and it is STILL not fixed. I finally gave up and turned off the enter/exit function. So now I have to manually slide the seat back when getting in and out of the car. The seat memory function seems to be working now although it was initially hit and miss. Despite the glitches in this new car, I think it's beautiful and I love almost everything else about it. I am still hoping that a solution will be found for this annoying problem. Having driven a Lexus for 7 years prior to the Mercedes, I was used to reliability and perfection. Never expected a new car, especially a Mercedes, to have problems like this. On the positive side, the car is quiet and luxurious on the inside with user friendly technology.

E-Class Mercedes

Js, 12/28/2019
E 350 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

The car met all my expectations. Having owned one before I was impressed with the updates they have made over the years. Smooth ride with all the toys.

2020 E450 4MATIC SEDAN - A Diamond In The Rough!

Abaco Mike, 05/09/2020
E 450 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

I've owned many Mercedes Benz vehicles because they are solidly built, dependable and possess the latest safety and technology features. My lease was up on my 2018 S450 so I decided on the E450 4MATIC Sedan. I picked it up on May 4th, 2020. What a car! The first noticeable attribute was the razor sharp cornering and handling with unbelievable acceleration and power. The responsiveness of the car to driver input is phenomenal. My car is fully loaded with Driver's Assistance, Exterior Lighting, Parking Assistance, AMG, Premium, Panorama Roof, 19" AMG Wheels/Tires Packages. Impressive array of technology coupled with a smart phone app that provides huge amounts of data about the vehicle (Mercedes Me Connect). I love this car! Seats are comfortable and visibility outstanding. It is quieter than one would think for a 362 hp twin turbo V6 engine and performance all season run flat tires. Audio system is terrific with HD AM/FM tuning as well as Apple Car Play for hands-free control over music. The styling is more like a baby S Class Sedan with LED front and rear lights. I recommend a test drive in an E350 and then an E450 to truly appreciate the superiority of the E450 4MATIC (AWD). This is truly a vehicle made for a driver who appreciates a car that fits like a glove. I have owned this car for 7 months now and have 3900 miles on the odometer. I have not had to bring the car in to the service department in all these months except to change windshield wipers that tend to “chatter” in heavy, consistent rain. The problem remains to be a nuisance to me, but there are no satisfactory solutions to this problem after many visits to service to alleviate this annoying anomaly. The vehicle remains to be the best handling and most powerful car I have ever owned. The technology and safety features have kept me out of potentially dangerous situations such as backing out of a parking space and having the car brake automatically when an oncoming car or pedestrian approaches from the left or right rear of the car. The blind spot monitors have worked impeccably when on the interstate or on local highways. The advanced technology requires a tremendous learning curve to master (about 2-3 weeks) due to the various settings and adjustments, however well worth the time and patience as the results are amazing. The maneuverability of the car is truly awesome - it quickly responds to driver input and manages its way beautifully in heavy traffic. Acceleration is outstanding with the bi-turbo 362 hp V6 engine. Accessing the many technical and audio features via the controller or voice activation is well appreciated as is the advanced GPS system. In summary, I continue to enjoy this vehicle immensely.

Ad
Build Your E-Class
At a Glance:
  • 9 Colors
  • 4 Trims
  • $54,250starting MSRP

2020 MB E-450

Ins man Rick, 05/04/2020
E 450 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

I currently drive an 11 MB E350 and an 08 CLS 550. About 2 weeks ago I had my E350 in he shop for service and last week I had the CLS 550 being serviced. 2 weeks ago, the dealership gave me new E350 to drive. I enjoyed it, however, last week they gave me a new E-450, big difference and I enjoyed it waayy more than the E350, its quicker, more comfortable, I like to surprise the youngsters driving Chargers and Camaros sometimes. I like my E350 but I've always wished that I bought an E-550. I really want a new S560 but my retirement account is not where I want it yet so I could be happy with E-450 and placing the difference in my retirement account.

MBZ Happiness

Erich HP, 11/27/2019
E 450 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

Great Car - much improved from the previous 2017 ECoupe love it. However as always in every moel update every time there is something that is changed for no apparent reason. This model comes without the overhead handle bar - Why ??