Used 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

New to MB, no longer a Caddy fan.
By PaulB

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E350 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've had this 2014 E350 luxury wagon for about a month. It has 12,000 miles on it, and looks like new. Being as old as dirt, I wanted something comfortable. I have been driving Cadillacs for the last 30 years, but traded in a Cadillac XTS, which is the last Caddy I will ever buy. I hated the touch screen, which required looking down and precise finger placement. This is my first MB, and comes with comfort package and lots of other features in the 4Matic version. I needed a long trunk space for hobbies so my choices were few. I was surprised that this wagon is not longer than the 4-door sedan, and was very similar in weight and dimensions to the XTS. It is also noticeably quieter! Although it needs premium gas, it does several mpg better, is more nimble and seems to have smaller turning circle. LIKES: Mouse controlled non-touch screen with good resolution. ECO mode shuts off engine when stopped as long as foot on brake. HOLD mode even allows you to take foot off brake, and restarts engine only when you hit gas. Rear seats fold almost flat with no gap or step where they meet the trunk floor. Seats are very comfortable and have good range of adjustment. I like the way the inside temp. is permanently displayed each side just above the setting up/down switch. DISLIKES: I miss not having real-time speed limit display. The back-up camera is great but I can't see the back-up warning red LED bar on the ceiling in the rear view mirror.(Why have it at all if it is positioned so stupidly.) It was just about the only vehicle within 1000 miles that met all my requirements and even the color (gun-metal gray, with white interior) was acceptable.

Wagon Bliss
By mb550

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E350 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased this vehicle on July 30, 2014 and it now has 3,500 miles on the odometer. I've been driving high-end European vehicles for over 40 years, a number of which have been MB products, and this is the first time I have not had one occasion to return to the dealer for an adjustment or problem with the car. The vehicle came loaded and it took a few drives to acclimatize to all the systems, particularly the advanced driving system. After more than 3 months of ownership I can say, without hesitation, this is one of the finest automobiles I have driven.

The Nav's maps are out of date and it would be preferable to have an internet based navigation system which could be updated on a regular basis for a nominal fee.