Used 2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Dependable, fast, great handling, poor economy
By Miki D.

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Still has V6 compared to the current C300 and you can feel it. Sits low and tight, handles well, fast. Watch your front spoiler when you park because it is really low and gets scratched easily. The power and speed come at cost at the gas station but you don't drive MB if that bothers you.

Good but not worth the cost
By Alex

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I financed a used 2011 C350 in April 2018. One of the biggest mistakes of my life. Straight-line driving and highway coasting is very smooth, however this car lags at stoplight acceleration. Turning the steering wheel feels numb and heavy as the power steering is slow to adjust to constant turns and twists. Brisk handling is nowhere close to a BMW or Audi. Toyotas and Hondas always fly by me. The heavy weight of the C-Class greatly diminishes the 268-hp output. Very cramped inside, definitely not for 3 or 4 passengers unless you have two little kids riding. Bluetooth is for phone calls only, not music streaming. The MB-Tex faux leather is easier to clean than real leather and doesn't crack with age, but gets extremely HOT in the summer time. No power folding mirrors. Seat bottoms are flat and not meant for long interstate rides. There is NO storage for sunglasses, only the tiny center console which can barely fit my wallet. The only cool features are the remote power windows/sunroof using your key fob, the multiple airbags, the multi-adjustable power seats, the in-dash DVD player, and the glove box which can be cooled like an ice box. Other than that, I regret not buying a Lexus, Audi or BMW.

Unreliable with serious quality problems
By Felix Canizales

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 50,000 miles started to show a list of serious and costing problems. In less than 2 months ( May to July 2018)_ Needed to change the ABS control unit ( repair more than $2,200.-), had an electrical pane due to water infiltration from the rood drainage to the electrical harness ( towing plus $4,000.- in repairs ) . Is a nice car to drive but you do not know when it will be the next problem. in 2 months I spent $6,500.-in repairs, which is 65% of the current sales price ( 67K miles) very poor resale value.

Not a BMW
By Areeje Ayyash

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I'm usually more of a BMW fan, I value the way a car drives over interior or prestige. When it was time to sell my BMW I asked my dad for recommendations to replace it and he suggested this car. I kind of dragged my feet when purchasing it because my experience with Mercedes had been hit or miss in the past. I loved my 04 clk convertible but hated the 08 C300. He assured me the drive got better in the newer ones and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. The car actually has a pretty sporty drive and is extremely comfortable. There are a few minor issues I personally have such as the base model stereo lacking any type of subwoofer compared to a BMW base stereo. The lack of memory seats can be annoying as well since I swap the car out occasionally with my husband's who is a solid foot taller than me. Outside of that though I actually like the car a lot. I feel safe, the suspension is great, extremely reliable, and it's a very attractive car. It's not enough to turn me to the Mercedes side because I do feel it's a bit overpriced for what you're getting compared to a BMW 3 series, but I'm happy with it and will definitely not rule out Mercedes in the future. Maybe the C63 is in my future.

Wonderful vehicle
By RU02206

2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I very much enjoy this car each and every time I get inside and have the privilege to drive it. There are so many aspects of the vehicle that are excellent. And all of them together make for a wonderful ownership experience. I can tell that so many small aspects of the car have been thought about and engineered in a way that allows for optimal performance and comfort over many years of ownership experience. The engine and transmission are smooth as butter and are always in the right gear. The way the horn sounds, the way the windows sound when opening and closing, the way the doors sound when opening and closing. The way the sound system sounds at all volume levels. I can go on and on. The worst part of owning this car is that, at some point, I will need to give it up. I purchased the car at 29,000 miles. Current mileage is approximately 81,000.