Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan Consumer Reviews

None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Good Car

Bill, 06/08/2010

Not looking for MB, but wife convinced me to test one. I was hooked! Drove and handled nicely, quiet, and plenty of power with decent mileage (24-25 mpg). Would have liked better acceleration and responsiveness when I push the peddle down, but still good for a V-6 and relatively heavy car. I have about 150,000 miles on it and it still runs and handles great. I have not put much money into repairs other than basic stuff. Harmonic balancer went bad, but MB fixed it under a recall (no cost to me). Complaints are wiper motor going bad, interior wearing out, LCD display/dash lights going out, and the body is beginning to rust around the wheel wells and sun roof. I would by a MB again!

c 280

MB MAN, 11/11/2010

Overall great car, very fast luxurious to the max, my 280 has 90 thousand miles and still runs like the first day, never has broke down, just regular services.

Best Car I've ever owned!

Eileen Broader, 12/16/2015
C280 4dr Sedan

You should check the service records on CarMax for sure. If it's been well loved, this car will last you forever. It's comfortable and you can be really confident driving it for view ability, NO blind spots, great instrumentation including cruise and wipers. Ours has 104,000 miles since '99 which is unbelievable. We had it repainted the same as the orig color (silver), had a new headliner put in, and had a leaky valve fixed. Our ignition system did fail at 103,000 mi after we replaced our key! Be sure not to buy a new key without them testing the ignition switch first :) Lesson learned by all of us. I would recommend this car to all families, older drivers and all in between. BOSE sound system is amazing!! Love this thing!

Best used car deal of my life.

Albert, 06/28/2018
C280 4dr Sedan

I bought the brilliant silver C280 from a wealthy family in Westchester County, NY in March of 2018 with 24k miles - yes that's an average of 1,200 miles per year! As an owner of '91 300E & '97 E320 I am well versed in these cars. Little did I know that the V6 is a huge improvement over the I6. Many speak of the W124 & M103/4 as the holy grail of MB. Having replaced the water pump and now with the gasket leaks (oil in colant) on the M103 from the W124, I believe the V6 is much better. I see many owners with 200k+ miles on these M112 engines without much repairs. I can see why. The engine is smooth and powerful without much drama when pushed. MPG is not that great and headliner is starting to sag. But, the car looks great and feels like a proper MB, solid! I plan on driving and enjoying this beautiful car for many many miles.

My C280

Benzmeister, 12/20/2009

Bought this car certified pre-owned in 2001. Since then no major problems until 2009. I had to replace a crankcase sensor and shifter assembly. Not bad after 8 years or ownership. Great performance, looks and reliability, smooth running and quiet engine. Going to hang on to this car for as long as I can. I change the engine oil twice a year. Had tranny fluid changed at 70K miles, contrary to MB lifetime tranny fluid. Still driving on original brake pads. I've owned many cars over the years and this C280 is the best by far

12345...8