Skip to main content

3.88 out of 5 stars

Problems with my Tribute

Maria, 08/28/2008
i AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving my Tribute, wonderful in bad weather, great visibility. It is noisy, but generally I have liked it except it has had lots of problems. Electrical - completely died in traffic at 30,000 miles. Had to have computer reset. Transmission problems at 34,000 miles. Now I just had to have radiator and coolant system replaced at 42,000. All covered by warranty and service excellent but I am afraid to keep it. I need reliable car to travel to see elderly parents.

2.63 out of 5 stars

Unlucky

Unlucky Owner, 12/15/2008
i AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ownweship experence, Wow where do I start, one alternator, four coils, new breaks all around,a front drive shaft and today a sensor costing 1200 before labor & taxes all before reaching 100,000K. Mazda claims there are no problems with the Tribute, but I say they need to look into it more closely. The SUV is just getting broke in at 97,000 what happened to having a product you could see 100,000 miles on.

3.88 out of 5 stars

So far so good!

lmvp17, 07/14/2009
i AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my gently used '05 fully loaded Tribute (3.0, 4WD w/ towing package) couple months ago and so far so good. Had some trouble with the engine light but that was fixed by replacing the gas cap. I tow my 16ft fishing boat with ease and felt confident when the 4x4 kicked in to pull the loaded trailer out of the lake. Left the moon roof open one night through a rainstorm and had my interior and dash completely soaked! Surprised to say absolutely no electrical problems and leather still looks brand new. Only thing I wish it had was ability to play MP3's!

3.75 out of 5 stars

Should get better gas mileage for a 4 cylinder

dennis, 10/21/2005
i AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded my Camry for this and wish I had kept it mainly for gas mileage. Thought a 4 cylinder would do good but I get only 23 on trips even with just myself in the car. I added a power roof which I like. Passenger door does not accept key so the only way in is the driver's door if you don't have remote. This is sometimes a pain as I try to keep my keychain from being too bulky esp. if carrying remotes for other cars too. There was a recall for the back hatch door lock which was minor. I have about 17000 miles and no real problems so far other than it is sluggish on the highway, esp. hills and has to downshift to climb. It does that a lot on trips. It does ride smooth and is sporty. It is just OK.

3.5 out of 5 stars