Used 2005 Mazda RX-8 Coupe Consumer Reviews

$5,993

Used RX-8 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Need To Know!

RotorHead613, 03/17/2010

Rx-8's are good/great cars but few people know how to take care of them. They are amazing for handling and they are engineering marvels when it comes to the motor. The problem is most people who buy them, do it for the looks not the motor. Rotary is an amazing thing. YOU CANNOT BABY IT! When you buy a car do some research. Understand what your driving and what you need to do. rotary has a different oiling system and it requires the motor to be run at high rpm to keep it well oiled. I own a R1 93 RX-7 and My Rx-8 i know how to take care of them and if u listen to these words you wont have an issue. Check the oil every 750-1000 miles to make sure its full.

Awesome car for Rotary lovers!

Cam Smith, 08/07/2015
Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

This is a really great car, don't let negative reviews sway you as most of the negative reviews are from people who don't want to put in the extra time and care in maintenance. To truly appreciate this amazing vehicle, you need to have a decent understanding of the Wankel rotary engine. It's a super high revving engine due to its design (Redlines at 9000 RPMs). It's owners must love it enough to regularly check the fluids and conduct basic maintenance. The RX-8 will treat you awesome as long as you treat it awesome. The only thing I would recommend is that a perspective owner has the time and funds for keeping it maintained. If you drive it hard and keep the RPM's high, the engine will last a long, long time without carbon build-up. Just take the time to learn about it. I love driving mine! I bought mine as a project car and I have it almost all brand new now. I put a newly rebuilt engine in so the new engine only has 4,184 miles on it, although the odometer still has 172,824 on it. This car handles amazingly and accelerates like crazy once you pass 5k Rpms. The sound of a rotary engine is unlike anything. Another great thing is that they are highly customizable with wonderful support through online forums, clubs, and rotary fanatics. I'll never get rid of mine, no matter what the cost over my lifetime. I have never driven anything as fun as the RX-8, and I've been around a long time.

Still crazy after all these years

rockschwag, 04/19/2015
Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Can't believe the reviews I read about quality; this sports car has easily been the most reliable car I've ever had. After being left on the side of the road by mustangs and Camaros in the past, as a 6'4" guy I couldn't even fit in the new versions. So I tried this Japanese sports car after my AWD GSX blew, and I fit in it like a glove. You won't find many for sale, but that's how you know its good, and you should grab one before they disappear (like the RX-7). I got a fully loaded sport version in winning blue metallic with the spoiler and trim, and there isn't another one like it within 1000 miles. This is a special car.

Love my 2005 rx8

Me, 03/06/2016
Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I love my car black on black 6 speed manual trans. Absolute blast to drive just as long the roads are dry. Its a rotary so checking the oil frequently and letting it warm up for a little bit in cold weather is a must and dont start it up and shut it right off cold and your fine. I was very lucky when i bought this car used because the owner took great care of it. Been having issues finding a passenger fender but its cosmetic stuff.

2nd To NONE

2rx8, 09/19/2010

My first RX8 was totaled in an accident (hit by red light run side driver door impact). Fire/EMT said side airbag saved serious head injury if not my life. When seeking replacement car I didn't hesitate to get another RX8. I've not been disappointed in the past 6 years and don't want to part with my RX8. Previously had RX7 and had problems with restart on cold engine, but never with my 2005. The only thing I've had to replace is the battery and tires. Love this car! And I have a Viper so I have real comparative performance. Not that the RX8 is anywhere near a Viper, but when I don't drive the Viper I don't at all mind my RX8.

Thanks Wankel!

kailua_chaos, 07/03/2010

This is my second RX8 - my first fell victim to a drunk driver - Handles EXTREMELY well, except in water. A little iffy on gas mileage, except I noticed in mid to high RPM range, gets way better mileage. Great car to race from a stop despite most RWD performances. Very crowded engine bay so semi difficult to work on, but a simple design and easy to take care of. Overall this car is a very mutual car, what I mean is, if you treat it good, it will treat you just as good or better. Oil changes and refills can get annoying, but definitely worth the trouble I'd say!

Warranty ran out & 1 thing after another

FLLawyer, 07/14/2010

Bought the car because of looks and the zoom, zoom, zoom when I accelerated. Then the dealership made a recommended adjustment on one of my visits (due to a grinding/rattle noise on sudden accelerations from day one) and the responsiveness was never the same. Right after the 5 yr warranty ran out, the dealership in St. Pete announced that the vibration I was feeling was the engine mounts being kaput. This was a known problem they got a bulletin on. Never told me. They quoted $700 to fix. We bought Mazda mounts from a dealership on line and Midas installed-total cost $300. Soon thereafter the airbag light went on. It flashes or stays on permanently. So got to take it in again.

It's a love, hate relationship

Jessica, 06/29/2009

I purchased my RX8 used almost 2 years ago. My engine started "fluttering" 4 days after I bought the car. I have only had problems since. If your RX-8 is not idling correctly, you need to have the engine replaced. Finally after 2 years of problems, mine are about to be solved. If you are looking to buy this car, please know that it is not a grocery getter. You have to heat the engine completely up before you can turn it off. Do yourself a HUGE favor and do some research. You would be amazed at what needs to be done for the upkeep of this car. I love mine to the point that I cant trade it in. Make sure you are willing to put in the time and effort to keep it up.

Dream come true!

Drek4, 04/09/2010

Just purchased this awesome machine a little over a month ago. This car is real fun to drive and really stands out by it`s looks and rotary motor. Only thing I don`t really like about it is its fuel consumption but other than that it`s a sheer pleasure to drive. I read a lot of people need to add oil, but have done 2500 mi without needing to add a drop. The best place for it is on the highway, mind you curving roads are fine if you don`t mind the bumps. Suspension a little firm on this car. The Bose sound system is just fine and has a great surround effect and the front seats are very comfortable for 2 hour + rides.

Mazda rx-8

Mike Elliott, 07/27/2005

Performance--lacks low end torque, (Mazda claims 0-60 in 5.9 seconds which is B.S.) 0- to 60 in mid to high 6's. Car still is qicker than most, and it is a blast to drive. Handling is amazing , braking is exceptional. I love the instrument panel. Get used to the high revving engine - and you will enjoy.

A car for people who love cars

Rotaryphile, 12/28/2015
Manual Shinka Special Edition 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

This isn't my first rotary powered vehicle. I used to own an 86 first generation rx7 with a carbureted 12a 1.1 litter 2 rotor wankel. The car was an absolute blast. Minor maintenence kept the rotary alive well over 300k miles without any (I emphasize on ANY!!) internal engine work. Including the apex seals. I now drive an 05 shinka. Let me tell you. To say that I'm satisfied with the quality and reliability of my vehicle would be a complete understatement. It is simple to work on. Comfortable. My ac works fantastic at 115k miles. The car idles and pulls just fine. Burns oil just like it should. Never once has overheated on me. Never had to top off coolant. To say that the renesis wankel (what the engine is actually referred to) is put down so often only shows that rotary engines aren't exactly for everyone. Yeah my car has a few indicator lights on. I can't turn the dsc off without pulling the fuse, and it really tanks gas. But it's my money. I don't regret purchasing this car. Some advice. If your looking to buy one first off good luck finding a cheap one and second off drive the car for a long time and really get it hot before you purchase it. Kinda goes without saying.

A fun car if you know how to drive it.

tw_direwolf, 05/05/2013

I've had my 2005 RX8 Grand Touring for just over a year. The worst i've had to do put it in the shop for was because someone (previous owner) bypassed a fuse and shorted a brake light out. Have already been informed of some problems i currently have and know how to fix them. Even with the known problems the car still runs great, gets decent fuel economy ,16-21 mpg, and is extremely fun to drive. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Do plan on doing an RX7 FD Twin Turbo engine swap to it when i get to around 110k miles and rebuild its stock engine (miata's are fun with rotary engines too.)

Worse car I ever owned

Ron, 12/21/2009

Car looks great, however its 4 years old and I have replaced: engine, transmission, extensive work on front end, towed 3 times for no start, headlight assembly (twice), rear taillight assembly, motor mounts (twice), oil leak around oil pump, and paint peeling. Now its back in the shop for no start, and AC problems, also oil leaking again. Most problems happened before 40,000 miles. Most unreliable car I have ever owned.

Another love-hate relationship

Liz, 02/08/2010

While I love the look and feel of my car I have had many difficulties with it. Mazda acknowledges the engine problems that the 2004/2005 RX 8's have and thus have extended the drive train warranty. However, my car has been in the shop more times that I can count. The check engine light is constantly on, even after my engine was replaced! Started with the typical stalling you see in these cars, and went downhill from there. Most recently my oil cooler line completely rusted out, which the mechanic states he has seen in multiple RX 8s. It's a fun car, but as the dealership has told me AFTER pushing me to purchase the car...it should be used as a sports car, not your every day car.

so sexy!!

wy, 04/07/2010

I just bought my car with barely 30000 miles and I love it!! I have always owned sports like cars but this one, hands down, takes the cake!! I was sketchy about buying a mazda because the last mazda i owned (a mx3) gave me alot of problems :( true this car may not be good for grocery shopping etc, but if you let her warm up and rev the engine before you kill it (not that hard rt??) she is a sexy lil thing to drive and I love her!!

Experiment in Beauty

Stenn, 02/19/2006

As much as I love my 6-speed Shinka, I'd have to admit it's more an academic exercise in engineering and beauty, a "proof-of-concept" of the rotary engine, than a practical 21st century car. In this age of drying-up oil supplies and soaring fuel-cost, the gas-mileage on this work of art will "kill" you. I'm getting 14MPG no matter how careful I am, while my old, heavy, automatic '95 Nissan Pathfinder regularly gets 17MPG, go figure! Just driving normally ends up with 14mpg. I've only seen one owner-review that says he accomplishes the advertised 24/18, and I'd REALLY like to know how!

Head Turner

rklan, 10/18/2006

I have never had a vehicle which gets so much attention. It dares to be different. It strikes up conversations with people who normally care less about cars. The engine runs incredibly smooth, I would rather listen to it than the radio! Incredibly quick and nimble, a great year round driver (even in Wisconsin winters). Plenty of room for back seat passengers, the trunk carries much more than you would expect.

Mazda building another awesome machine

steven, 02/25/2016
Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

Before I bought this car I read some reviews from other owners and forums all talking about how bad rotary engines are and my personal experience I just love them they are really fun really smooth and a 9,000 rpm redline with the RX8 suspension chassis and steering response around the corners is not a better car than this is just incredible how great of a job Mazda did with this car definitely a must have best car I ever owned

P.O.S!!!!!

turtle21, 09/13/2011

I had my car for 4 years and it is the worst car ever! I've had 3 engine replacements and 3 transmission replacements. The car has left me stranded numerous times and the brakes even go out on me. I've also had to replace my coils every 3 months. And once the warranty is up good luck trying to get the thing to run!! It overheats and shuts off when driving long distances. It looks nice but runs like crap I wish I never got this car. And now getting rid of it is even harder due to all the problems it has.

In it for the looks

Florida, 01/27/2010

I wanted to own a great looking sports car at least once before I was too old and would look silly in one. I had been a committed Accord owner for 20 years (cannot say enough about their great reliability.) But I love the way the RX 8 looks and I get compliments on it. It is fun to drive, but that blast off that I got on acceleration, which really sold me on this car, was lost after taking it to the dealer in response to some recall notice a couple years ago. They adjusted something and it was never the same. Anytime I go to the dealer for odd noises, the only thing they do is say it's my fault because I used regular grade gas. Car was recently idling with loud vibration. Coils! only 28K mi

Lot of engine for a little car

victor, 07/02/2010

I've had my RX8 for three years, and I still get comments about it every now and then. It's a unique car, considering the rotary engine. Let me start there: The rotary has a great range, getting up to 8,000 rpm. It really starts to sing once you get above 4k. You can tell Mazda's engineers spent most of their time and money on the engine. Inside, you get most of the typical features for this kind of car. The gauges look really cool, but that's really the only thing inside that was engineered. The backseat is comfortable enough, and surprisingly roomy with the four doors. This car is a blast to drive, but it can be a rough ride, especially with the Bridgestone OEM tires. Somewhat rattly.

Zooma Zoom Zoom

gloria, 11/02/2005

I bought my car in July and what a car! I feel great every time I get into my 8. It handles like no other car I've ever owned.The suicide seats are fabulous... I actually enjoy taking on the curves these days. I go out of my way to find "some curves" and just feel my 8 straighten them out. The only other side of the coin is gas mileage. But I can deal with it. Look out world, it"s me and my zooma zoom zoom.

Read before you buy a 2005 Maxda RX8

firebabe, 02/15/2011

The rotary engine is horrible, you have to treat it like a diesel in cold weather which we didn't know and got it flooded. It ended up costing us $1500 to finally get it started and to help prevent it from happening again but now I want rid of it. Check engine light is on all the time and no one knows why. It now sounds bad and every one is now telling me after owning it for 6 months with 69,000 that the rotary engine don't live past 60,000. I know I'm going to lose with trading it in put I can't afford to keep it running. Wish I had never seen this beautiful car but the rotary engine is horrible.

BIGGEST MISTAKE

Regret, 09/03/2009
Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)

I had the car in the shop 8 times during the first year. The car would not start and none of the Mazda mechanics at the dealership could tell me why. I had to contact the Mazda corp. in California. They literally told me that the "RX8 is not to be used to drive short distances under 20 miles consecutively. It is meant for roadtrips and long commutes" I told them that they need to put that on their website and that it was a scam. So if you need to take it get groceries or drive to work under 20 miles one way, you are out of luck. HEED MY WARNING!!!!!! DON'T BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!

Awesome sports car!

Drek4, 04/16/2010

This car is awesome. The best car that I have ever driven. The sweet spot for this wonderful rotary motor is between 5000-8000 rpm, below that it`s just a civilized sedan. I love this car on the highway, so comfortable and at ease with any speed you drive it. The handling of this car is just fabulous thanks to the 50/50 weight ratio front/rear. Even the looks on this car are too good to be true. I don`t know why everyone says to always check the oil level on this car…I've driven about 2500 miles with it since I got it and still at the same mark on the stick. The front seats are nice and comfortable. The BOSE sound system is nice and has a decent surround effect with it's 9 speakers.

Worst mistake of my life

carma8, 08/18/2014

Do not buy this car. If you are thinking of buying this car go to the Rx8 forums, everything that can go wrong with this car will go wrong. This car has been the financial ruin of me. When I bought it the KBB price was $17k and thats what I paid. 3 years later I tried to trade it in, and was offered $3k. Bear in mind that it is in better condition now than when I bought it. Every year I spend at least $2-3k on repairs. The only luck I have had is the engine seems to be the only one that works, for now. Thats right $2-3k/year with a healthy engine. The car is crap. Other cars are just as fun to drive with much lower cost. Save yourself and run away.

DO NOT BUY!

POSRX8, 04/24/2006

i bought the car 10 months ago. It has been in the shop for over 60 days total so far. It gets horrible gas mileage; I have never got better than 15 miles to the gallon. It burns through oil like crazy. mMy car has had 3 engines in 10 months! Mazda has replaced and paid for everything because there is a bigger problem with their engines that they don't want to get out, I'm smelling major RECALL! Not reliable at all, uncomfortable seats, very slow off the line. Do not buy this car, because if you have the same problems and try to pursue the lemon law like i am, Mazda will just ignore you and not return your phone calls, so do not buy this car!

Don't bother wasting your money!

DontbuyRX8, 11/17/2009

This car is horrible, it has spent more time in the shop than on the road. I have had four recalls, over heating problem, flooding, starter, risk of it catching fire! and have had it towed four times to the dealership. It doesn't like hot weather, or cold weather, it is the most unreliable car ever!! I bought it brand new off the show room floor, and I HATE it! Save yourself a lot of headache and go buy a G37 or G37. This morning, went to start it to go to work, it wont start, so guess what, towed again to the dealership. This car stinks! it only has 50 kilometers on it.

Exciting Machine

Chris, 07/18/2008

I bought my car as a left over model so it was still brand new but with a nice discount. That and the style were initially my main reasons for purchasing the car. I would say I'm glad the pieces came together the way they did. I have owned 20 cars and 1 motorcycle and I'm only 30, and this vehicle is one of the most fun I have driven. One downfall was it didn't start out as fast as I would have liked but with a few minor upgrades the motor woke up a lot and it is now as fast as a 2008 Mustang GT 5 speed but handles 10 times better. Tests have been done with a stock RX-8 vs a 350z which is a faster car, the RX-8 matched the 350z's track time because the handling was superb to the quicker car.

Great value, great fun

Bob, 08/01/2008

I bought this car used 15 months ago. For the money, it's hard to imagine a car that offers the combination of spirited driving, mechanical quality, and inspired style. I also see no more than two RX-8s per month driving in the Chicago area. It's sweet to drive a rarely-seen car among all the bland brands. The car has a cool factor that usually comes with cars twice the sticker price. The only negatives? The paint chips easily and the gas mileage stinks. I knew that going in, though.

Still a treat to drive after 3 years!

dna, 08/07/2008

I don't know of a better handling sports car for less than 5 times the price. The ride is firm, but comfortable. I am blown away with how comfortable a long distance cruiser the RX-8 is. I get 20 mpg combined city/hwy with spirited, but legal, driving. The rotary engine responds well to some pampering. I use 4 oz synthetic 2-cycle oil and 4 oz Lucas Upper Cylinder Lube in every 10 gallons of gas. That's probably why my mileage is better than most. Even a mechanic at the dealer commented that it was the smoothest running RX- 8 he had ever heard. The off-the-line grunt is weak, but once you get the revs up to 5000 rpm it is a winner. Drive the rotary right (high rpm) and you will be thrilled!

2005 Grand Touring Automatic

kifs, 08/29/2008

I sort of inherited this car with 2800 miles on it from a former Ford exec and I have the automatic with paddle shifters. The car is a hoot to drive fast and the only trouble I have had was a trim issue in the interior and the spring in the filler door. My car runs great, gets 16-18 mpg in town and 20 mpg on the road, with about 1000 mi per quart of oil. It's tight as a drum but only has 16000 miles since this is my second car and I only drive it from Apr-Nov. My dealer experience was underwhelming on the engine recall - what a bunch of clods - but so far just maintenance and cleaning. I keep waiting for the problems, but I really like the car.

Rotary car doesn't fade

Andy, 11/17/2008

There is a tendency to do errands in zig-zag back and forth across town style. It is very difficult to go home after completing the errands. It is difficult to do the actual errand, because you don't want to get out of the car to go in anywhere. I plan out huge, inefficient road trips on computer trip software. I'm fond of poking along routes that skulk through the corridors between the major interstates. 18 hours at a pop sometimes. Always sticking to posted speeds because I'm in "local territory", unshielded by the usual pack of rabbit-chasers and "what I can get away with" cruisers. Bottom line? There's no end in sight with driving this car at this point.

An Amazing Compromise

GTRacer, 01/22/2009

After 15+ years in front-wheel drive slushbox-equipped cars, I told my wife my next car would be RWD with manual transmission. She said fine, as long as it had four seats so I could continue to take the kids to school. I knew going in that the car was light on torque and thirsty for fuel. I didn't really mind because I was looking for a driver's car, not an econobox or quarter-mile dueler. The car is amazing to drive and I have yet to find its limits. I replaced the tires with BFG gForce KDWs so, with the amazing suspension I suspect the limits are high indeed. Launched properly it can go well enough but it really likes to turn and stop too. Comfort and accommodations are good too.

Very Pleased

ditto13041, 03/16/2009

Just bought used 2005 with 26K miles. Had to immediately replace tires with snow tires (no problem ....am driving it in winter in midwest...$1000 for tires but should last 4-6 winter seaons). Alternator went out but warranty still good! (0 cost to me). Fuel economy is about 19 MPH combined Hwy, City. Rear quater view is restricted but acceptable. This car rocks! Fun to drive...you have the option of automatic, or you can still manually shift it (no clutch!) which I like to do about half the time. Roomy and comfortable interior (I'm 6'2" and still plenty of room). Mirror has garage door opener built in. Overall I really like this car...sports car with a backseat!

Original Owner for 3 years

SpookiusMortem, 04/10/2009

I purchased this vehicle new 3 years ago this month. This is the only car I have ever owned where after 3 years of ownership, I still have that new car excitement about it. I doubt I will ever part with this car and hope it will become a classic. I live in an urban environment and get a good mix of metropolitan and highway driving. Driving an RX-8 in the city is a blast. Its nimbleness and cornering ability make it capable of getting places fast. My favorite thing about driving this car is being able to fly around a corner, and if you feel is start to slip, goosing the throttle a little and feel it grip through the turn as if it were on rails.

I love my Rx-8

I love mazda R's, 04/28/2009

I love this car!!! I have wanted one since they came out (when I was 11) because my grandma had a yellow Rx-7 when I was little, and I missed it. It drives great, though loud, I love that. You have to use the best quality EVERYTHING!!! I cant stress that more. I live in the hills and it is fun to drive on the curves. I just bought it a month ago as my first car...LOL :)

Crossing my fingers

Crossing Fingers, 09/20/2009

An answer to my mid-life crisis, I was coerced into buying the lil red sedoupe (sedan,coupe) rather than a used luxury sedan. 47, no wife, no kids: it seemed to make sense, I've owned nothing but SUVs/Mini Vans since the disco era. The first thing i noticed was the ride noise from the standard 17'inch tires. Also, the rear light housing was fogged up/filled with inner perspiration. Both items served as bargaining chips & I managed to walk out with it for a mere $11K. With only 37K miles, I was happy. Getting in/out is a challenge with my 275lb frame, but the car's an excellent incentive to lose weight and I've got nothing but compliments from friends/co-workers. 30 days so far, no problems.

Great car, poor mileage

surfdude, 09/30/2009

This car is fantastic! The most fun car to drive I've ever driven. It can hit up to 8000 RPM without any trouble, in fact, its healthy for the car to do this, as it cleans out the engine. Incredible handling: you can literally go around a 90 degree turn at 40 mph without any trouble! While the car doesn't have the acceleration of a corvette or a 350z (5.9 from 0-60), its handling is better than a 350z and rivals that of a corvette. Reason is a 50/50 rear-to-front weighting of the car. There is no 500lb engine under the hood, as the rotary engine isn't a typical heavy engine. Thus, there is no front heavy, back sliding that occurs in a typical car in turns.

rx8 review

tbird, 12/03/2004

Great car, fun to drive. Never owned a rotary engine. Been impressed

Zoom Zoom with a Few Hidden Facts

Jerry Miskovsky, 01/29/2005

The Mazda RX8 is definitely fun to drive and I plan to enjoy it for the next year or two. Buyers should be aware of a few things you don't learn about until you own it. First, the tires are absolutely useless on snow or ice; you'll need to get snow tires. Second, you're cautioned to always let the engine come up to normal operating temperature; even if you just need to go out and move if a few feet. Third, there is no spare tire (unless you want to give up your trunk space). If you can deal with these three shortcomings, get one and enjoy it as I have mine.

Eye-catching, Great handling

Mazda RX8, 01/29/2005

The car draws positive comments and looks from everyone passing by. Many people ask what car it is, and say how much they like the look of the car. Handles like a dream even in high wind with the limited slip differential. Power to spare, incredible comfort. There is a great sound system, and fantastic safety features. The seats are amazingly comfortable, and a "cockpit" style dash presents all information so it's easy to see. The digital speedometer is excellent for the quick glance - and necessary - it's hard to tell how fast you may be going! Quiet ride. The back seats are a major asset - it's a "family sports car"! Great car - you have to experience it to believe it.

Mazda RX-8 lot of flash, bad on gas

lugnutz, 01/30/2005

The Mazda RX-8 is a great sports coupe. In terms of performance the RX-8 competes well with the Porsche Boxster and BMW M4. It has a broad rpm range, true 9000 rpm redline, has a shifting sweet spot around 7500-8000 which is absolute music to the ears. The Zoom Zoom is in the curves. Its .88 Gs in slalom testing by Motor Trend magazine puts the RX-8 in a class with true exotic sports supercars. This is an ideal sports car for the family guy. With seating for four, you can take drop the kids off at soccer, ballet, and lacrosse practice. Its exterior design is flowing and graceful, but definitely exudes its sports car nature. The drivers cockpit very stylish, but all business.

More bang for the buck!

TD, 02/04/2005

Easily the best car I've ever driven, and I've had a BMW 330I to compare it to. Excellent power from the rotary engine in any gear, at any speed, tons of torque, tight steering and stop on a dime brakes. This car looks like nothing else on the road, which is great. The Bose stereo is awesome. This car easily gives the most bang for the buck compared to anything else on the street, plus it has a usable back seat that the 350z and BMW don't. Gas mileage isn't great, but who cares? If you want great gas mileage, buy a hybrid. If you want to ENJOY your ride to work, or wherever, THIS is the car to get.

Mazda RX8 Bang For the Buck

Brett Carner, 02/16/2005

I looked extensively for a daily driver with a sport car mentality. The Mazda RX8 was a hands down choice. The rotary engine is far ahead of the engines still today. It is a little thirsty on fuel economy if you get on it. Handling is excellent, rear view visibility is poor. Appearance and quality is very good, considering the price. If you are looking for a mid range sports car this is the choice. Mazda has an excellent warranty 5/50 and so far service is also above par. It is a fun car to drive.

My Car

Moo, 02/25/2005

I love my car. Even though it gets 18 miles to the gallon, which would be its only con. This car is the perfect car to do anything in: going on road trips, beach, etc.

Best car ever had.

Roland Reyes Burgos, 02/28/2005

This car is unique. Rotary engine, fun to drive, it's fast, 4 doors, 4 passengers and a lot of space in the trunk. What I can say! Look good and its fast like a sport car. 4 doors and a lot space like a sedan car. Plus you can take your friends for a fun ride.

"Fine French Fencing Foil"

Les, 03/29/2005

it is the best car i have ever driven. it respond to the road with such accuracy and precision, "like a fine french fencing foil."

3rd rotary ownership

rich russo, 03/30/2005

great exterior design, excellent road handling. pickup is somewhat lacking with the automatic, gas mileage fair. real looker!

awesome vehicle

eric buzaglo, 04/10/2005

this car is exceptional. the mazda rx-8 is both beautiful inside and out. its 17 inch wheels are magnificent. very unique car. i hope mazda keeps up the good work. bravo!

51050