Skip to main content

Used Protege for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
4.25 out of 5 stars

Mazda Protege 1993

Selx1, 08/14/2008
1993 Mazda Protege DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car three years ago with 273,000 kms on it. Replaced the exhaust, replaced water pump and timing belt. Body work etc. Almost 80,000 kms added to the total... sitting at 358,000 kms now. Does not burn oil. Still has lots of power, great on the highway. Would buy another in a heart beat.

4.13 out of 5 stars

93 Protege

rgjbolin, 05/25/2002
1993 Mazda Protege DX 4dr Sedan

My 93 Protege has been outstanding. I have 116K miles on it and have never had to make any repairs other than normal maintenance.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Perfectly relaible car - with some zip

munchman, 05/27/2002
1993 Mazda Protege DX 4dr Sedan

This is a very reliable car and I didn't get much fixed in the years that I owned it. Would have been nice to have airbags ut other than that it is a great car to have.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Review of 1993 Mazda Protege Over 12 Yrs

TurtleLady, 03/01/2006
1993 Mazda Protege DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this teal 1993 Mazda Protege DX 4Dr new off the lot in 1993. I've had it for 12 years now, and it's been a very dependable car. The fabric on the ceiling is beginning to tear, and the drivers side seat has a small wear- through. The paint is peeling. But in terms of mechanical reliability I couldn't be happier! It has had 3 major replacements of the steering system, but all were within 5 year warranty period. I was driving 55 down the highway when I had a rear blowout. I only knew it because I smelled rubber and saw pieces of tire flying up in the rear view mirror. The handling of the car did not change! I'd buy another one without hesitation!

4.5 out of 5 stars

Good Car Overall

Arjay Jones, 04/20/2002
1993 Mazda Protege DX 4dr Sedan

Kind of on the light side, but it is a good car, only took it to the shop two times in 9 years, still works great

12345...7