Used 1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews

Used MX-5 Miata for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Miata M

mhitesman, 02/26/2002

I bought this car used but have owned it for nearly three years. Oil changes, radiator flush, and a new battery. What a reliable, fun, and economical car to drive. The M series, with its larger tires and ABS, is a reasonable choice for winter driving as well in most parts of the country.

Texas Review

Sheryl Remick, 08/01/2003

This car is the most fun you'll ever have!

'96 funmobile

Ken Taylor, 10/26/2005

This is the second Miata for me; the first was a 1991 which I ran up to 125k and by accident found this one with 51k. You can't say enough about how fun these cars are to drive. The short throw shifter and overall balance make it a true treat to go to work in the morning. Quality build and ease of maintenance ensure the same ride year after year.

Enjoy my Miata

Glenn, 01/25/2006

I enjoy my Miata very much. I used to drive short distances to work and it was my primary car but since I do heavy interstate driving now I have purchased a larger car ... feel safer when trucks and SUV's are racing by. Love to drive it to the beach with the top down. Excellent quality, have never had any problems with it. Plan to keep it for many years. From an enjoyment, reliability point of view I rate it highly. My only concern was driving the Miata in heavy, fast-moving traffic from a "feeling safe" point of view. You don't get the respect that a larger car demands from other drivers on the highway when driving a smaller car.

More Fun Than My 500SL

RichTampa, 05/21/2006

I like convertibles. Take that back, I LOVE convertibles. My last two where a Caddy Allante and a Mercedes 500 SL, respectively. They were both big, gas guzzling V8 powered "sports cars"... neither one could come close to the providing the day-to-day fun of my new Mazda Miata. I did my research. These cars are bullet-proof; something my high-line roadsters lacked. I am 6'5" and fit fine inside the car, a tad cramped on longer runs, but fine for under 100 mile trips. Bottom line ... if you are looking for a reliable, safe (dual air bags & aftermarket roll bars), economical and is a blast to drive and be seen in, your search is over. I bought mine 70+k in great shape for under $5k. I LOVE IT.

12345...8