Used 1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews

Used MX-5 Miata for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

The most fun you'll have with your pants on!

beatnikbettie, 06/12/2013

I bought my 96 Miata two years ago. In good running condition with I’m assuming 120K. Since then she has been across state lines, driven 103 MPH down deserted highways, been my daily driver and is the closest to heaven I’ve ever been I am not good at maintaining my cars, I forget until something goes wrong. She’s had an oil link since I bought her and once in a while she ends up bone dry and ticky but as soon as I add oil she’s right as rain. The speedo cable squeals..not a big deal. all in all she still runs like a powerhorse roadster should, has saved my life with epic handling. I'll never own anything but a Miata. ever.

Best MG I ever had

GrandadsFun, 10/24/2005

Okay, It's not an MG - it's so much better but has all the things that made the MGB now sitting in the back yard attractive years ago but with added comfort, performance and reliability. Best sports car I ever owned, and there have been many.

Hidden gem

Michael Cleveland, 02/11/2004

I purchased this car from my in-laws who were having a baby and ditched the car for a station wagon. I never imagined myself owning a Miata. After one week of test driving, it had me hooked and I bought it enthusiastically. You can't find a comparable car in this price range. It has plenty of pick-up and hugs the curves like it's on rails. Haven't regretted my decision for a second.

Makes Me Smile

Capt. Joe, 10/05/2005

This car make me smile every time I drive it. Wanted one for quite a while and a year ago found one in good shape cheap. Customized some of the exterior and put her up for the winter. Changed the oil and put a new battery in this spring. I am middle aged and had MG, Fiat, Triumph etc. convertibles from the 60's and 70's. Miata MX-5 has all the best characteristics and traits of all these cars with none of the problems. Starts, runs, super reliable, no electrical problems when it rains. Top super easy to use. Great exhaust note. Winds easily to 6500 rpm and get 27 mpg when you beat on it. Don't buy this car with a auto transmission. Quick fun to drive. My wife and I are reliving out youth.

Miata Owners Review

Rnady, 03/08/2002

You will be nothing but happy with this car, i have been driving Miatas since 1994, and never had more fun!

12345...8