Used 2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Zoom, Zoom

psc, 03/26/2002

Test drove, plan to buy in summer. New engine is wonderful addition to already well concieved design. The right size for parking, carrying stuff and exploring. With or without the kids.

consider MPV it's a 9.9 for us!

matluoma, 03/29/2002

excellent van & worth it! don't just take my word for it - you should consider this van. no concerns about power & torque. (hp to weight ratio is awesome - so don't just compare hp to hp...0

For a niche buyer

sugoiya, 03/29/2002

I bought this car out of pure necessity. I couldn't wedge anything bigger into the underground parking stall for our condo. The new 300hp V6 gives it a surprising zip when passing or driving on hills, and the smaller wheel base provides excellent maneuverability on our narrow city roads. The folding 3rd row seat was also an important feature to me since I don't have a garage. The trade off for the MPV's small size comes at the expense of passenger comfort, especially for the poor souls sitting in the third row. Definitely unsuitable for long commutes.

Our favorite van

Bobaran, 04/01/2002

We looked for over a year researching and driving vans, basically waiting for the right deal to come around. If price was not a consideration we would have gone with the Mazda. It just so happened that we got 0% and dealer invoice so we got our dream van, no settling for a Caravan.

My Silver Bullet is a great vehicle.

R. F. Peterson, 09/16/2018
LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It needs 0-2 censors replaced and a tune up. The rear air conditioner needs to be re-connected. It has new shocks, new brakes a new radiator and a new water pump. The radiator and water heater were replaced after someone hit the back bumper of the van and pushed it into a pole in a parking space . It is still very dependable and has only failed me twice in all the years I've owned it. I need a smaller vehicle as I no longer care for 5 grandkids....otherwise I would NEVER sell it.