Skip to main content

4.75 out of 5 stars

Tough & Reliable MPV

Mahar, 01/03/2009
Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan 4WD

The 1998 MPV is the third MPV I have owned, but this is the first 4x4. I am very happy with this vehicle, rides a bit rough compared to the 2 wheel drive, but it can go through a lot of snow and handles very well. I was hooked on the MPV several years ago when I bought my first one, mainly due to the reliability!

4.13 out of 5 stars

Very reliable all weather vehicle

fontaine, 10/31/2002
Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan 4WD

We like our MPV very much. It can go anywhere in the snow, has a great driving position and looks different from anything else on the road. It also has seating for 7 passengers. We have 78000 miles on it and had the muffler system replaced and four disc brakes done(the exhaust system was necessary but the brakes were still working fine at the time). Very reliable. I plan to keep it for a long time, have talked to people who have 250000 miles on theirs. On the negative side it isn't very powerful and the mileage is bad, around 18-20 mpg.

3.38 out of 5 stars

Quality questionable

cjames, 02/17/2004
Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan 4WD

Interior quality poor. Mechanically average.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Better than minivan

john lavasseur, 01/21/2005
Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan 4WD

MPV proves to be acceptable alternative to dreaded minivan. Of all the new cars I have purchased, I was the most skeptical of the MPV. It has proven to be very reliable and the high clearance and 4 wheel drive makes travel easy. I actually prefer driving this to my 04 Volvo X90.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Better than minivan

john lavasseur, 01/21/2005
Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan 4WD

MPV proves to be acceptable alternative to the dreaded minivan. Of all the new cars I have purchased, I was the most skeptical of the MPV. It has proven to be very reliable and the high clearance and 4 wheel drive makes N.E. travel easy; I actually prefer driving this more than my '04 Volvo XC90.