Used 2016 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews - 252 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:

Porsche replacement
By Ray

2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Prod. End 01/16 (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Experienced a sudden loss of our Cayenne due to a very serious accident which totaled the Porsche. Had to shop quickly for a replacement. Reviewed ratings and specs for all applicable SUV's and hybrids on line. Results pointed to the Mazda CX-5 as the ideal choice. Shopped on line and found a 2016 Mazda with the accessories we wanted that was affordable. While there are a few features that the Porsche has, the overall experience is a notch above the Porsche. I hate to admit it, but I actually like the Mazda better than the Cayenne.

Mark Review
By Mark

2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am very satisfied with my car and would recommended if u r looking for a compact SVU.

I would lease again
By Sarah

2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Prod. End 01/16 (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The car has been reliable and a great car to lease. Affordable and worth it.

It has a great stereo...
By Jbo

2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Everything was pretty good about the care, nut the performance was anemic. PUT A TURBO ON IT. I drive in a city where I'm drove inside and on a box of freeways. And when I hit the accelerator my foot was to the floor about 75% of the time. 0-60 yeah not great, ability out maneuver idiots, could be better. The car is actually really nice, it is just the performance. It needs more! The other thing...why can't the rear hatch have a motor. IT IS 2018 (my car was a "2016.5" and just more than a year old). The seats were "Leatherette" - I'm not sure what that material is. But otherwise a nice car, like I said MORE PERFORMANCE! With all the safety features and parent wants to drive it for a few years until their teen gets a license, would be awesome for them.

Great but with some flaws
By AT

2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am happy with this car but there is definitely room for improvement. I love the looks, inside and out and it handles well. It does have quite a bit of road noise. The Bose speakers are ok, did not quite meet my expectations. The paint quality is quite awful. It is paper thin so expect lots of paint chips, scratches, and swirls even meticulous care. Quality of leather seats are subar as well, i have mysterious holes on the seats.