Used 2011 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Loved it so much bought it twice
By Corie

2011 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Everything I ever wanted! I can even fit my mt. bike and kayak inside it at the same time. Heated seats are a must! I wrecked last yr and as it did shatter the passenger tire, I could still open the passenger door.. very safe. Noticed both mine are not as tight in turning left at high speeds but I speed every where. Great inside, had one with navi and one with backup camera both great! Engine runs so sweet. No problems. My 2009 had issues with the blindside monitor, info, & traction control box when it was too cold. Imagine a fuse or wiring problem but my 2011 no problems ever! If I could keep buying this car with less miles, as I drive tons, I'd be an owner for life.

I kind of miss my Mazfa 6
By kaz411

2011 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I owned this car for about 20 months and I miss the sporty 4 door sedan. Overall was a nice car and reliable in the AZ heat.

Didn't really have any favorite, just lots of trunk space and ample leg room, unlike my current car.

I thought my car, the Mazda 6 Sport, was a little sluggish for the kind of car it was. I think it was a 4 cylinder but the car really didn't have the pep to it I wanted. It didn't have ECO boost either which would be nice for better gas mileage. And the trunk- there is NO way to open it if the lever inside quits working, there is no manual way to open it, no bypass except for way behind the seat and that is impossible to get to unless youre a mechanic. Had to get the little motor replaced which was over $200. Wipers were a pain to replace, nothing is simple on this car. Didn't have blind spot detection, or any back up cam either, would have been nice, hopefully newer Mazdas have them.

So far so good - status update
By sargon123

2011 Mazda 6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a preowned vehicle in April 2011.
I have put about 14,000 miles on in to date (purchased at approx. 11,600 miles).
No major repairs to date.
Vehicle is reasonably comfortable, convenient controls on stirring wheel and dashboard.
So far, routine maintenance has been performed, car has been reasonably comfortable with no major problems.

On this particular model, I particularly like the mirror lighting up to show an auto passing in blind spot. If the left turn signal is on, and a car is in the blind spot, a auditory warning will also sound. Controls are convenient. Good turning radius, and good breaks allowing emergency stop in relatively short distance.

Full size spare tire.

Mazda 6 is a lemon
By aleigh

2011 Mazda 6 s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is the worst car I have ever purchased. I never knew when the engine would turn over. Countless times I had to call road service, and the service dept. said everything was fine. You want your car to be reliable, and this was a piece of - - - -. I wanted to return it, but of course the dealership, Ralph Thayer of Livonia Michigan, would not allow it. In addtion, a minor detail is that the cup holder was not deep enough to hold a mug of coffee, so I always has to hold it while driving. I doubt this car even got 19 MPH. It cost me a small fortune filling up with gas every other day. My lease is up in 2 months, and I can hardly wait. Do yourself the biggest favor in the world and consider

carefully if you purchase a Mazda 6. Perhaps my car was a lemon, but ask yourself the question: how many lemons are out there? And NEVER purchase from Ralph Thayer Mazda in Livonia Michigan. They were horrible to deal with on every possible level.

Most dangerous car I have every owned
By todd345

2011 Mazda 6 s Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car 8 months, 18.000 miles, and $28,000 ago.
I thought I did my research, I test drove Acura, Nissan, Ford, and Mazda models. I read the reviews for each. The good things I found are correct; it is very stylish, comfortable, and good performance. The items they don't tell you are; The BLIGHTSPOT, that you have behind you, the headrest and A pillar's make it so you can't see anything, VERY dangerous, you might as well paint the back windows black. And if you pull out of a drive and his "ANY" bumps the traction control kicks in and kills the acceleration and leaves you in the oncoming lane waiting for traffic to hit you. If you have a family this in NOT the car for you.

Sporty Stylish

Fix the blind spots, smaller "A" pillars, and head rests. The traction control is a issue and needs to be adjusted.