Used 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

My Bonnie Blue
By Bonnie's mom

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I made the decision to purchase Bonnie after an overnight test drive in which I put 126 miles on the car. I made was living in the Chicago suburbs at the time. I had to make an unplanned trip into downtown Chicago during that test drive. She performed well in the suburbs, on the tollway, in the city, and was easy to park and navigate. I realized I was comfortable driving her in all the situations I needed her to perform well in. Since then we have gone 125,000 miles together, and I have never questioned whether she would get me where I wanted to go. My only reason for not replacing her with another Mazda 3 Hatchback is the rear seat and cargo space are rather small, and Mazda has chosen to put in place their own navigation system instead of Android Auto in the 2018 models.

Another 3 in the works
By Mr. Gene

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Love the car and styling for an economy model. However, chassie needs more durable rust proofing. Salt has done too much damage to exposed or just lightly painted suspension parts, rotor / hubs,etc. I anticipate in purchasing a 2018 /19 model and getting it rust proofed.

ExcellentCar
By Brenda Killingbeck

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The ever ready bunny! Have had this car for 3.5 years and I have only had to change the oil and windshield wipers. I've moved camped ,etc in this

Continue to love my car
By DJ

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I am the original and only owner of this car, which I bought in the summer of 2010. I wanted a car that was somewhat "pimped out" (reference to the MTV show, Pimp My Ride) from the factory and was fun to drive without being priced higher than the middle $20K. After looking at and test driving various sporty (and affordable) cars, the Mazda's interior, handling, reliability record, and it being fun to drive won me over. I use the car mostly to commute to and from work and it makes the commute much more enjoyable than when I was driving my previous car (Honda Civic). My Mazda handles well; has a tight turning radius that makes it easy to park (or do a U-turn); can more than handle two bags of golf clubs, two backpacks, and two large suitcases (when a rear seat is down); has really comfortable seats and reliable bluetooth; and gives me good feedback regarding my average miles per gallon. My maintenance costs have been great. I am shorter than average and the driver's seat easily adjusts for me as well as my husband who is average height.

Sticky and Clutchless
By Tony Door

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The dash melted last year and of course it was out of warranty. Fortunately, the dealer agreed to cover the cost of the part while I had to pay the labor ($302). Yesterday I had to take the car in for a complete clutch replacement, also out of warranty, for an amount of $1600. I've learned that the replacement clutch is a redesigned assembly, most certainly as a result of a flawed original design. What other stock vehicle needs a clutch replacement at 34k miles?