Used 2008 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used 3 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...29

Pros
Cons

Believe the reviews!

EW, 01/04/2008
s Sport 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 12/07 (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I'd write an online review, but I simply had to come back and confirm that this car is indeed every bit as good as people say. I needed to get a new car and heavily researched the Mazda3 in addition to the Honda Civic Si, Honda Accord Coupe, Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru Impreza WRX and BMW 328. As you can tell, price was not so much of a issue for me as getting a car I really liked. I was worried that the Mazda3 was underpowered and too "economy" (i.e. cheap and mundane) for my tastes, but after driving all of the cars mentioned above I was left with little doubts. Without exaggeration, this car drives and handles like a BMW. I could not be happier with the purchase.

Great Car for the money. Fun to drive.

Davie Boy, 07/10/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 12/07 (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2009 mazda 3i touring with 2.0 liter engine, 5-speed stick and 17" alloy wheels. I bought it new in 2009 and have been its only driver for 6 years and 90,000 miles. I like this car a lot. It's a great value. Heres the lowdown: THE GOOD: 1. Good gas mileage 2. Great steering 3. Great brakes 4. Roomy feel for an economy car 5. 2.0L motor has adequate power. 6. The suspension, steering and breaking are what make this car fun to drive. 7. Very Reliable THE BAD: 1. Noisy at highway speeds (wind, tire noise, engine) 2. Underpowered A/C in Florida heat. 3. Gasoline Cap is on the wrong side 4. Steering wheel hides the temperature gauge on the dash. 5. No real-time mpg readout on the dash / no bluetooth My 2009 was assembled in Japan and I was sorry to hear the 2015 model is assembled in Mexico. I have quality concerns about this so I plan to drive my Japanese 3i another 3 years before deciding whether to replacing it with another 3i.

Traded Fit for m3, I feel young again.

damian35, 12/05/2008
i Sport 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 12/07 (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Reminds me of my 1982 Rx7 except it's much better. It's all in one, powerful engine response, adequate mpg, sporty handling, nice suspension, loads of features in comparison with honda vehicles in this price range. Tremendous quality build. The trunk space is adequate for a car its size and I'm really happy I bought this car. It's simply the best bang 4 the buck. The stereo and sound system are awesome even when it's not the top one offered in the se version. I love this car because it's the best in it's class. I recommend it to anyone who wants the best car out there, look no more.

So wonderful I bought another one

teamsc10190, 03/01/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 12/07 (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2006 Mazda 3 SGT that was my favorite car I'd owned since the early '70's. I decided late in 2009 that I needed to have another one but the second generation 3 was already at Mazda dealerships, sporting a vapid grin that I hated. I needed to find another first generation 3. The search for a SGT variant took me four years to find a low mileage pristine example CA car. When a 5-sp manual, White Pearl with navigation surfaced I pounced on it. It was well worth the effort and the wait. This car consistently delivers in smiles per mile. With the third generation 3, Mazda recovered the sexy face in a more capable and complete package that will be on my short list in the future. Four years down the road, I'm still a fan. Mazda produces the best unsung cars in the marketplace.

Fun and reliable

k robbins, 04/07/2010
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 12/07 (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I drive about 30,000 plus miles per year so I am in the car a lot and the '08 Mazda 3 is my favorite car yet. I have Nissan Maximas, Honda Accords and Civics and the Mazda has proven to be the most fun and reliable car thus far. It handles well and feels more like a sport car than an economy sedan. The Mazda 3 has amenities that are usually only found on higher end cars such as the automatic windshield wipers, heated seats, zeon headlights, automatic moonroof and auto climate control. The absence of a truck release from the remote is about the only option I miss. Interior carpet and plastics are cheap but leather seats are adequate and comfortable.

12345...29