Used 2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ghibli model:

FEAKER
By Ari

2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

WYSIWYG. Not bad at all. There is considerable lag when you punch the gas, unless you pre-rev it. The power is, however, astonishing for a car weighing over two tons. Comfort is better than many snobs acknowledge, as are the controls. I have hit nearly 30mpg on the highway at 80-85mph over distances, so the fuel consumption is better than expected. The handling, even in rain or snow, is very good. Obviously, it looks great. I have not had much in the way of maintenance trouble, though there have been a number of recalls (fixed for free). The pain job is unfortunately susceptible to dings, especially on the hood, and Maserati to date has not offered any touch-up paint, so one would need to get a clear plastic protector or periodic paint jobs.....The bluetooth is not the best, as it is much better in cheaper cars like Acuras. It requires much effort to set up, and the quality is not the greatest either.

not a good car
By unhappy

2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The worst when it comes to how low it is. It scrapes everything and then we are required to pay for the fixes. It must be raised! Car is shop constantly. Not a safe car!

My worst luxury car experience
By Fernando Mazzoni

2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

If you are looking for a reliable car, this is not the one. Don't let you drive for the awesome exterior design.
In six month has been 4 times at the dealer because of several issues. They said the car has 400 horse power. My mistake was not to ask what kind of horses were those. Looks like they are hungry small ponies. The fuel consumption is insane for what you get. Forget about acceleration. I had a Diesel Porche Cayenne before and that was really fast. I've paid for an upgrade for the sound system ... the sound is worst than a cheap Korean car. The quality of the screen for the rear camera is the same one I got with my old Commodore 64 in the 80'. If you want to buy something to drink do not expect to find a cup holder where your drink will fit.
The mats are going to be wherever they want, the clips are not going to hold them. Sits are design to drive short distance. Diver sit couldn't be more uncomfortable. If your plan is to travel and leave the car in the Garage, make your trip shorter than 3 weeks otherwise you will need a battery charger.
My advise...with this money you fill find sever other options better than this one.

2.5 Years in and I've learned my lesson
By Sam K.

2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I've been an S-Class owner for 15 years, but decided that I wanted to go small. The Maserati Quattroporte was a looker, but I was familiar with its issues. Hence, the Ghibli made a lot of sense on paper. Price was right, size was right, looks were right. Ordered the car without knowing the price. When it was delivered, my word it was like the first time I saw an R8, it was gorgeous. However, after owning it, I've found it to be a Chrysler in an Armani suit.

The transmission is clunky and slow in comfort mode, but too aggressive in sport. It'd be nice if there was an auto mode to filter that issue. The car is TOO LOW. It scrapes everything. For a mid-size sedan, why must I treat every incline like a Ferrari. A lift-system is necessary. The brakes are the most sensitive and inconsistent I've ever felt. I thought that my A8 was difficult to modulate, but this Ghibli is another animal. Lastly, the maintenance....it's a sub-$90k car full optioned, so why is the maintenance the same as a Bentley. You'll be paying easily $1,200 for an annual maintenance. Save yourself the money and purchase a proper German vehicle..unless you enjoy teenage boys taking pictures of your car wherever you go.

That's my two-cents.

A real looker!
By Joe D

2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Just go for test drive. That's all I have to say. I have ( 2014 Q4 )